In NYC over the weekend for a birthday getaway. Was able to spend several hours getting acquainted with The Dutch, the new-ish spot from Andrew Carmellini in SoHo. Unfortunately didn't ever make it over to a proper table as I was using the place as a meetup for folks. But got to try several of their items via the bar. Definitely get the fried oyster mini sandwiches (order several), the hot fried chicken (semi-famous in his cookbook), and anything they're recommending from the raw bar.

The real standout, though, is the service. Top notch at every station -- the killer bartenders somehow made dealing with the Friday evening post-HH rush seem effortless and kudos to the beverage director Brynn who took care of us with a little extra.

I'd recommend going for lunch or early in the evening during nice weather when the sun is still out and occupying the counter seating alongside the open windows.

@MichaelBDC and I stopped here for lunch on a recent trip to NYC. We split an order of the American burrata, with black truffles, sunflower toast and a small side salad and the hot fried chicken with honey butter biscuits and slaw. Loved the burrata with black truffles, which was an indulgent dish for sure. @MichaelBDC especially enjoyed the small salad on the side (frisee, greens, and a dry herb dressing) which cut the richness of the cheese and truffles. This was one of the best dishes we had on our trip. The hot fried chicken was indeed hot (temperature wise) if not spicy. The skin was very crisp yet the mean remained moist. A few dashes of the house hot sauce improved the chicken. The honey biscuits (with a few dashes of the hot sauce) and slaw were also very good. 

As mentioned above, service was great. We sat at the bar and Raymond was friendly in chatting with us and also leaving us alone when we wanted to enjoy our food. A bit pricy for lunch, but that is dining in SoHo these days. 

• Like 1