Asian Spicy Curry - Home-Style Malaysian Pop-Up in Manhattan's Chinatown

Sooooooo I don't want to give the impression I am just working the nytimes grind. I do use like 7-8 different sources and could use more BUT I decided to try this resto recommended by the NYTimes. Nevertheless, I was disappointed!! Did I taste it wrong?? Have I not been eating enough Malaysian or perhaps I ordered wrong?? Firstly, I found the menu very boring. It was a few choices that were basically beef or chicken curry with rice or noodles. There was more then that but not like much more. They didn't even have Nasi Lemak, at least that I could find on the menu. When I got the Chicken Curry it not only was very bland but was also soooooo under spiced. Further, there was just nothing really special about the dish. I think to those amazing curries and dishes you read about and this was just so....boring compared to what I've had and seen. Perhaps I am wrong here or maybe I ordered badly but I think the NYtimes really misfired on this one. Nevertheless, the night was redeemed by going to have Malaysian desserts after which I have been meaning to try for awhile. Soooooo verdict: avoid!!!