Dining near Johns Hopkins

pras

So I am not in Baltimore very much, but will be visiting my mom at Johns Hopkins as she recovers from surgery over the next several days.  I know about Lexington Market for crab cakes and Attman's for pastrami, but what else is close by and worth a try?

I am going to make the assumption that you are willing to travel approximately the same distance as you would for Lexington Market.  Are you looking for something more fancy or more casual?  Woodberry Kitchen is still good.  I love Tricaria Cafe near the Walters for Italian, but there are limited seats and it is very casual.  We liked Blue Pitt BBQ up near Hampden.  I am not mentioning a lot of the known high end places.  I don't know of a lot of stuff near the hospital itself, I am normally in other area when I go mainly Remington, Hopkins (school campus) area.  You should browse the Baltimore dining guide, as people with way more knowledge than me post there.  I have hear raves and raves from my friends about Matthew's Pizza, but have never been, it isn't too far away from the hospital.  

8 hours ago, pras said:

So I am not in Baltimore very much, but will be visiting my mom at Johns Hopkins as she recovers from surgery over the next several days.  I know about Lexington Market for crab cakes and Attman's for pastrami, but what else is close by and worth a try?

Can you clarify which Johns Hopkins location?

It's a pretty bad area for food. There's probably a decent takeout place for your cheap subs/lake trout but there's no reason anybody would know about it unless you lived in the neighborhood. Google tells me there's an Atwater's location nearby, but no idea if they do takeout. Your best bet is either hopping in the car or walking down (depending on your familiarity/comfortableness with the area) to the Fells Point or Canton area, or maybe further to downtown or Harbor East.

I don't know the close by places either.  But without better suggestions if I looked at this quick set of map results I'd probably order sandwiches from Dino's first...and if I were in your shoes, I'd end up going down to Berthas on Broadway in Fells Point if I were to stop into a place to eat.  Not cause its better or worse, but just so I could say I've now been there 500 times.   

• Like 1

On 6/16/2016 at 1:58 PM, pras said:

Not that close, but not that far, and if you are there close to the dinner timeframe, Fork & Wrench was pretty good. Parking sucks but if you go early or do valet, it works.