Looking for Sunday Take-Out in DC or NoVA to Deliver to Arlandria

The Doctor

I'm going to be bringing some take out this Sunday evening to some friends who've just had a baby. I live in DC and they live in the rough triangle formed by 395, Route 1, and Route 7, whatever that's called.

I'm willing to go anywhere to get the food, provided I can park nearby and get it to their house in a reasonable amount of time. For example, I've thought that getting sandwiches from Stachowski's would be reasonable, because I could easily hop on Rock Creek Parkway and make it to my friends' place in about 20 minutes. The only catch is that the new papa has a nut allergy and is a bit of a picky eater, ruling out seafood centric-stuff or some of the more exotic ethnic choices.

Other than that I'm just looking for a few ideas I may not have thought of yet.

Thanks!

I would err on the side of something that can go in the fridge and warmed up in case they can't eat it right away or have leftovers.  They must live in the Fairlington/Alexandria area.  You could get what they call a Date Night Bag likely from Society Fair?  They always have good stuff that just needs warmed up.  If you call in advance you could likely just pull up go in and get it, plus they have desserts and great tasting sides so you could add in that are in their fridge section (they also have pretty good sandwiches)  more stuff if you wanted. Whole Foods is actually a great stop (perhaps on your way not sure where you are coming from, but I assume DC based on Rock Creek) to get some things.  I just took a whole peruvian chicken and sides to a friend, and she loved that as it was something that last them a couple meals.  There is a Cava Grill now on Duke in that area too.  (All my friends just had babies)  My SIL was dying for a good burger and fries, so we did that for them.  Just some thoughts.  

• Like 1

Thanks so much! I actually did Society Fair on a previous occasion. Yesterday's choice was made easy for me, because I got cut off as soon as I mentioned Stachowski's. Apparently my friends are bigger fans of sandwiches than I realized, and they were impressed by the size of those I brought, so they'll get a few meals out it.

• Like 2