Maggiano's Little Italy, A Dallas-Based Italian-American Chain Owned by Brinker International

18 hours ago, The Hersch said:

Was it called something else before?

I thought it was just Maggiano's, no? Maybe not - I ate at the one in Tysons II several times in the late nineties and early aughts, and it was pretty bad. Corner Bakery Cafe, however, was *good* when it first opened, at least for breakfast - both of these places used to be owned by Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises, and that's why they were coupled together.

Needless to say, Stella Bara is one *heck* of a big step up, at least for now.

I am pretty sure Lettuce Entertain you still owns the Chicago locations.  Maggiano's has become a go to spot for work seminars and my boss has had the holiday party there for the past three years.  It makes it easy for him, and the food is decent enough, especially when the booze is flowing.

I went to the Springfield location yesterday for a lunch with old friends.  They have this incredible $14 deal where you eat one pasta dish and you get another one to take home!  I had eggplant parmesan (pretty good but had Romano cheese in it which I don't like) and brought a spaghetti and meatball meal (one meatball but pretty big) for my husband who said it was good.  That is $7 per meal which is a real bargain.  There may be a visit to the closer Tysons location soon.

I'm used to the Chevy Chase location where my office would hold team lunches or Christmas parties.  They have private rooms there with its own bar which is nice.  I was used to big portions of decent food.  I wasn't aware of this 2 for 1 promotion.