Taco Ssam, Mexican-Korean Taco Fusion at Culmore Shopping Center in Bailey's Crossroads

This place is in Bailey's Crossroads near the Peking gourmet restaurant. It had a soft opening this week with an official opening this weekend. 

The menu is still a work in progress I spoke with the owner and his intention was to have both traditional Mexican tacos and Korean Fusion tacos. The corn tortillas in the tacos are handmade and you can watch the cooks making them. Yum! 

The only Korean taco on the menu was bulgogi, it was good but not amazing. Of the Mexican tacos my favorite was the lengua the tongue was cooked perfectly. 

6017 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA 22041

I've never been a fan of fusion food when it comes to tacos. I recently tried Taco Saam; a korean fusion taco spot located in Falls Church Culmore shopping center. Something about these they are doing right. I got a mix of 4 tacos, (2) Authentic Mexican carne asada and pollo tacos and (2) fusion Korean bulgolgi and galbi. The authentic Mexican tacos weren't anything extraordinary I would come back for. The bulgolgi was more on the sweet side- didn't have much depth to it other than a generous sprinkling of sesame seeds on top. Something about the beef short rib galbi had me! Perfectly seared meat, good balance of sweet/salty topped with a crunchy spicy kimchi. The best part I must commend is making the tortillas fresh to order. I do think that has a leg up on a lot of other places serving tacos.

The establishment was clean, well kept.A very small area with about 6 bar stools only at the counter. Service was average.

• Like 3