Arcade Bakery, Lilia Hisenaj's Tiny Bakery at 220 Church Street in TriBeCa with Great Breads, Yeasty Pastries, and Small Pizzas

Soooooooo for once this isn't some far flung spot but one right in your midst. Indeed, you may have past by this spot before and never noticed it as it is inside an office building. My Mom was the recommender in this case and Arcade Bakery is actually a surprisingly good bakery. It literally is barely bigger then your room probably and is located in a hallway of an office building and the tables can be removed into the wall at night. I had the ham sandwich with a sharpish cheese and cornichons as well as mustard as I recall and it was quite nice and I was sad I didn't bring some of the bread home and was also sad I didn't have the pain au chocolate etc. They also amazingly have a pizza oven that does small pizzas which. Nevertheless, this was very enjoyable and a different experience to your regular bakeryyyyyssss so stop innnn.

On 6/24/2016 at 3:34 PM, manolands said:

Soooooooo for once this isn't some far flung spot but one right in your midst. Indeed, you may have past by this spot before and never noticed it as it is inside an office building. My Mom was the recommender in this case and Arcade Bakery is actually a surprisingly good bakery. It literally is barely bigger then your room probably and is located in a hallway of an office building and the tables can be removed into the wall at night. I had the ham sandwich with a sharpish cheese and cornichons as well as mustard as I recall and it was quite nice and I was sad I didn't bring some of the bread home and was also sad I didn't have the pain au chocolate etc. They also amazingly have a pizza oven that does small pizzas which. Nevertheless, this was very enjoyable and a different experience to your regular bakeryyyyyssss so stop innnn.

I want to thank manolands for his/her brilliant finds and original, wonderfully refreshing writing style - after only 32 posts, I don't remember a single one that wasn't of interest, and they all make me smile to boot. In case you haven't noticed manolands yet, the writing itself is in a conversational style, but the recommendations are to be taken quite seriously, and are almost never The Usual Suspects.

Alas, Arcade Bakery isn't a complete secret:

2014 - "Arcade Bakery" on tribecacitizen.com

Mar 17, 2015 - "Arcade Bakery - There is a Particular Pleasure to Find Restaurants that Exist in Places they Shouldn't" by Peter Meehan on luckypeach.com

Some tweets about Arcade Bakery: