NOVA Area Whole Spice Retailer?

Tomcat

So the SO and I like to cook a lot at home, and we'd like to get into grinding our own spices as needed. However, I haven't had much luck finding someone locally (I don't mind an online retailer if it's reasonably priced). Any recommendations? Also, if anyone can recommend a reasonably priced manual burr grinder, that is also of interest to us. Right now we're using the electric blade grinder, and it's somewhat inconsistent. 

3 hours ago, Tomcat said:

So the SO and I like to cook a lot at home, and we'd like to get into grinding our own spices as needed. However, I haven't had much luck finding someone locally (I don't mind an online retailer if it's reasonably priced). Any recommendations? Also, if anyone can recommend a reasonably priced manual burr grinder, that is also of interest to us. Right now we're using the electric blade grinder, and it's somewhat inconsistent. 

Depending on what you are looking for I recall the Spice and Tea Exchange in Old Town Alexandria has some unground spices- salts, peppers, coriander, fennel seeds, etc.  They are very friendly over the phone (I call them from time to time to make sure they have something before wandering up the street).  

5 minutes ago, ktmoomau said:

Depending on what you are looking for I recall the Spice and Tea Exchange in Old Town Alexandria has some unground spices- salts, peppers, coriander, fennel seeds, etc.  They are very friendly over the phone (I call them from time to time to make sure they have something before wandering up the street).  

Thanks so much for the information! That's exactly what I was looking for. Here's their website for anyone that's interested.