Golden Buffet Opens 9,975-Square-Foot Restaurant in Crossroads Place, Bailey's Crossroads

On 7/14/2016 at 4:37 PM, mare22204 said:

I'm guessing this will occupy the space where Great American buffet is (was?).

"Restaurant Lease Brings Crossroads Place in Falls Church to Full Occupancy" by De Castillo on patch.com

Note that this is the same ownership as Golden Star Buffet in Gaithersburg and Blue Pearl Buffet in Silver Spring. If anyone finds out the name of the common owner, please let me know.

I've been here twice for lunch recently and it is surprisingly good.  They have a good variety of dimsum including shuimai, roast and steamed pork buns, pan-fried meat dumplings, turnip cake, the thing with sticky rice wrapped in a banana leaf, etc....Excellent egg tarts and rice noodle rolls with shrimp.  From the non-Asian area, I've had battered chicken nuggets (best I've ever had) plus clams plus shrimp.  Things I haven't tried are fried fish, mac and cheese, many veggies, many fruits and many western desserts.  Place is huge.  Trays are replenished regularly.  They also have hibachi station, sushi station, pho or hotpot. A person with a walkie-talkie will tell the kitchen what trays need replenishing.  Very impressed for $10 for lunch, $15 for dinner.  They have coupons on the internet where you can get $5 off for 2 diners if you order soda.  It's pretty busy but deservedly so.  It's not gourmet but I have to say, the dimsum is very good.  For me, it's nice to have dimsum at lunch instead of 10 or 11 and I don't need a lot of people to share it with.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, hopsing said:

it is surprisingly good

On my frequent trips to Total wines {their boxed wine is perfect for cooking and cheaper than anything I can buy from any of my wine distributors plus they carry Coravin cartridges which have this nasty habbit of running out!} my dry cleansers, various & sundry Asian groceries and Restaurant Depot, I frequent this spot a bit. For us seniors its 8.79 or something ridiculous like that.  The pho is serviceable, as good as many a random spot, and they let you have as many won ton as you want. The hibachi is not that great unless you go get sauces from various stations on the buffet {chile paste & something ponzu like by the salads}. Din sum is good and the fried foods, when fresh out of the kitchen are better than they have to be. Sushi is OK but sometimes a greasy mayo covered roll is just what you need.  Anything that looks gloppy is very much so {too bad because the tofu skin rolls and the spareribs from the dim sum section are otherwise quite good.}  The seafood is supermarket quality frozen stuff so it can be very hit and miss.  

I ti s definitely my guilty pleasure. FOr the same price as a taco run from the Fox supporting Bell you can have cooked to order food that is decent, for not much money. And the servers are nice.

On 7/22/2016 at 10:44 AM, DonRocks said:

Note that this is the same ownership as Golden Star Buffet in Gaithersburg and Blue Pearl Buffet in Silver Spring. If anyone finds out the name of the common owner, please let me know.

Has anyone been to Blue Pearl Buffet in Silver Spring? The thought of it used to turn my stomach, but this thread is making me intrigued.

On 8/15/2019 at 1:27 PM, dracisk said:

Has anyone been to Blue Pearl Buffet in Silver Spring? The thought of it used to turn my stomach, but this thread is making me intrigued.

I went in one Saturday after the Silver Spring Farmers Market sorely in need of food. I must admit, the Brazillian Place a few miles away was a great choice. 

• Thanks 1