Street Art: Post Your Street Art Photos Here

Tweaked

Many cities are well known for their street art, murals, and graffiti.  San Francisco's Mission District is well know.  Buenos Aires is also a fine example.

Please use this thread to post photos of street art from your travels with a notation of city and country.

• Like 1

I don't want to post them here, because I'd have to reprocess them and lower the picture quality (this site has size limits), but please do visit my smugmug site (link in sig line). There's a gallery of Reykjavik street art there. I haven't yet added the photos from my summer trip, though.

Also, I have plans to go hunting/shooting DC murals with a friend today. Any neighborhood recommendations?

1 hour ago, porcupine said:

I don't want to post them here, because I'd have to reprocess them and lower the picture quality (this site has size limits), but please do visit my smugmug site (link in sig line). There's a gallery of Reykjavik street art there. I have added the photos from my summer trip, though.

Also, I have plans to go hunting/shooting DC murals with a friend today. Any neighborhood recommendations?

[If anyone runs into any size limitations for photos uploaded onto this website, please let me know the details - I just made sure that photos can be uploaded without restriction.]

Screenshot 2016-07-29 at 08.37.08.png

[You can change your uploads into a thumbnail by double-clicking them, and changing the leftmost figure on the pop-up screen's "Size" field - the rightmost number will auto-adjust to keep them in perspective. I've generally found that making the leftmost number 1/10th the size it was forms a perfect thumbnail, so, for example, if you double-click an upload, and it says the size is 930 x 524 pixels (which this one was), change the "930" to "93," click "Update," and the upload will auto-adjust into a thumbnail (which this one now is) with the same perspective.]

Not "art" per se, but maybe the best photograph I've ever taken in my life. I was in Yosemite, CA, just walking through a parking lot, and the sun happened to be reflecting off this vehicle in a way that perfectly reflected the landscape behind it - that is nothing but a plain, glass, rear window with a few stickers on the bottom. I even left the owner a note to write me (they did), and sent them the picture (they were thrilled) - they told me they were climbing that rock at the time when I took the picture, so in essence, it was a photograph of them.

Yosemite, CA

Yosemite.JPG

• Like 2

16 hours ago, goodeats said:

Is anyone interested in doing a murals tour by bike? I was thinking about this lately, as NoMa has quite a few, I believe.... Was thinking about such a ride next weekend...

I'd bet there's a book out somewhere that has a record of these - that would aid you in your quest. I'd be in, but I'm out until October. :(

I'm a member of Capital Bikeshare, and *highly* recommend it - even just so you can park in a less-crowded part of town, and bike the rest of the way to a restaurant. :)

Indianapolis, IN (Click Me)

San Francisco, CA:

SanFran.JPG

Arlington, VA:

Arlington.JPG

Seattle, WA:

Seattle.JPG

Vancouver, British Columbia:

Vancouver.JPG