Slim's Diner, Classic Diner Fare at Georgia Avenue and Upshur Street - by the Owners of Room 11 and Petworth Citizen - Closed Jan 13, 2019

So, I went for lunch. It was ok. And very strange.

2 of us for a late lunch on Tuesday, 2 weeks ago. There was no line, but they were clearly understaffed, as there were several tables available, but we had to wait, as did the few tables that came in after us. Then it took us a while to get water. Refills were also difficult, and it was a VERY hot day. The service was pleasant enough, but slow and a bit oddly pushy. At one point I asked about the milkshakes, but decided not to order one until dessert. This resulted in "You want to order that dessert now? How about now? How about now?" Dude, I’m barely a third of the way through my lunch!

As I said, we had a late lunch. As we were leaving, they were putting up a sign that said they were closed until 5 (or maybe 5:30?).

Food was REALLY slow to come out.

Food was quite tasty, and fairly priced. I had a patty melt, and my friend had a club sandwich. Both worth eating, and very good fries.