The Burger Shack, Short-Order Hamburger Joint at 13661 Lee-Jackson Highway in Chantilly

Late last year, my car broke down in Chantilly, and I drifted onto a frontage road, parked, and stepped into a little dive called Bianco Pizzeria while I waited for the tow truck. It was a short-order type place with a flat-top grill, a deep fryer, an oven, and specialized in pizzas and subs, and it was just awful - it wouldn't surprise me if I'm the only member of this website ever to eat here. I minimized the damage by getting a Cheesesteak, and it was about as good as I could have done.

Screenshot 2016-08-05 at 14.23.31.png

Today, I drove by and saw that it had changed concepts (it also turns out that when I went, it had recently changed owners). Now, it has had a little money put into it, and has reopened as The Burger Shack. The outside of the restaurant has charm, as it's in a reproduction of an 18th-century Potomac Valley Farmhouse - judging from the sign (below), I'm not sure when this house was built, but inside, it's very similar to what it was before, except whoever owns it has chosen to focus on "premium burgers" instead of subs and pizza. I didn't try anything, but the first three things on the menu I saw screamed "Frozen, Frozen, Frozen!" (Mozzarella Sticks served with Marinara, Basket of Tots served with Ranch, and Sweet Potato Fries served with Honey Mustard) - eewww.

Anyway, this may be a decent place to get a burger, and it will call out to passers-by in a way that Bianco Pizzeria never could. Here are some pictures of the historic marker, the restaurant, and the menu:

BS1.JPG BS2.JPG BS3.JPG BS4.JPG BS5.JPG

I excitedly opened this thread when I saw the title because my wife and I keep saying to each other "I wish we could get a good burger near us."

Unfortunately, the pics on that menu look awful. I will let someone else try it first and report back. 

Tried it. It was a pretty good burger. Fries were definitely frozen. I saw an employee pull a bag out of the freezer, open it, and dump them in the fryer. The owner (I assume) was very nice. Kids loved it. One son said "I wish I could have another burger."

We will definitely try it again. As I said earlier in this thread, we'd really like a good burger place out this way so hopefully this place can deliver.