Antigua Condominiums - Oceanfront Condominiums at Coastal Highway and 85th Street, Ocean City

Dr. Delicious

Location and Rates for Tonight - Website

We rented #603 in the Antigua condo building at 8500 Coastal highway.

The building, overall, was fine. Easy check in, they have carts to help unload/load your stuff, and the elevators (2) were quick and responsive. That said, the building does show its age, and could use a fresh coat of paint (at least). The pool is nothing fancy, just a big circular hole in the ground, 4ft - 8ft deep. It's not the biggest pool, but had plenty of room for all those that want to use it (most people are at the beach, anyway). It's private and closed in with a fence, and there's a staffer outside monitoring access. No lifeguard at the pool. There's beach access (a dune crossing) right behind the building, and there's plenty of space. There's also a lifeguard stationed right there, which is comforting.

The condo (2br, 2ba) itself was good, and had updated kitchen and baths. You wont walk in the place and be blown away, but you will recognize that it will serve your vacationing needs just fine. The beds were hard, and can be tough on side sleepers (like myself). It's beachfront, with a closed in balcony (it has windows with screens that you can open), and we could see lots of dolphins in the early morning.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2016 at 8:57 AM, Dr. Delicious said:

Location and Rates for Tonight - Website

We rented #603 in the Antigua condo building at 8500 Coastal highway.

The building, overall, was fine. Easy check in, they have carts to help unload/load your stuff, and the elevators (2) were quick and responsive. That said, the building does show its age, and could use a fresh coat of paint (at least). The pool is nothing fancy, just a big circular hole in the ground, 4ft - 8ft deep. It's not the biggest pool, but had plenty of room for all those that want to use it (most people are at the beach, anyway). It's private and closed in with a fence, and there's a staffer outside monitoring access. No lifeguard at the pool. There's beach access (a dune crossing) right behind the building, and there's plenty of space. There's also a lifeguard stationed right there, which is comforting.

The condo (2br, 2ba) itself was good, and had updated kitchen and baths. You wont walk in the place and be blown away, but you will recognize that it will serve your vacationing needs just fine. The beds were hard, and can be tough on side sleepers (like myself). It's beachfront, with a closed in balcony (it has windows with screens that you can open), and we could see lots of dolphins in the early morning.

Dr. D, How did you find Antigua? I notice that on the maps which contain both location and rates for hotels, only the location is contained for condominiums (which makes sense, since rentals are probably owner-initiated). Anyway, it would be very useful for people to know how you went about finding and renting this property.

Thanks for posting!
Rocks

My mother-in-law found the Antigua condo, but doesn't remember the website on which it was listed, or how she got to that particular listing. She's not terribly internet savvy, so I would imagine that a Google search along the lines of "condos for rent ocean city" will find it or other options in that building. It was $1800 for the week. Pool is heated. Oh, and no wifi in unit #603! (There is an xfinity hotspot there that you can sign into if you are an xfinity customer.)

• Like 1