The Last HoJos. The once mighty Howard Johnson's is down to one restaurant in Lake George, NY

Tweaked

From 800 to 2 to finally 1.  Another piece of Americana waves bye bye.  I recall their patty melts and ice cream sodas. 

And then the Howard Johnson Hotel across from the Watergate, from where the burglars spied on Democratic Offices before the break in .  That former hotel is now a dormitory for GW University. 

15 hours ago, Mark Slater said:

I used to go to the Watergate HoJos for clam straps and milkshakes. That was a whIle ago. 

When did the restaurant close? I don't think it was still there when I was at GW in the late 80s, but I could be misremembering.

21 hours ago, DaveO said:

And then the Howard Johnson Hotel across from the Watergate, from where the burglars spied on Democratic Offices before the break in .  That former hotel is now a dormitory for GW University. 

Actually, they gutted it a couple of years ago with the idea of remaking it into graduate student housing, but changed their minds and sold it a couple of weeks ago. Someone is developing it into an apartment building with shops/restaurants on the ground floor.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2016 at 2:39 PM, DaveO said:

From 800 to 2 to finally 1.  Another piece of Americana waves bye bye.  I recall their patty melts and ice cream sodas. 

Actually no longer a GW Dorm per Washington Post.