Sam's Club (1983-), a Spin-Off of Wal-Mart - Headquartered in Arkansas, and America's 8th-Largest Retailer

silentbob

Any Costco members here also part of Sam's Club?  I joined recently because AMEX is reimbursing the first year's membership fee and Sam's Club is offering a free upgrade to Plus for new members -- which includes the ability to shop starting a 7 am, a huge perk that Costco doesn't come close to providing.

That said, what kinds of food tend to be a better purchase at Sam's Club than Costco, if anything?  I searched for articles online and most of them point to the prescription drug benefits but nothing really about food.

Sam's Club is just a warehouse Walmart. There's been more than a few articles written about how it's nearly impossible to earn the $45 membership back in price differences between Walmart and Sam's Club. I get that you won't have to pay it this year, but there doesn't seem to be a compelling reason to shop at Sam's instead of Walmart.

We just joined SAMs after having been Costco members for the past 15 years. Our biggest reason for joining is distance.  Sams is in Annapolis and Costco isn't.  Stuff for the most part is comparable or even the same, Stacey's pita chips as an example.  Costco service is much better.