Seacrets - Bar and Distillery with Outdoor Patio and Sand Floor at 49th Street in Ocean City

So last week was my week in Bethany.  We didn't really eat out much this time, but met friends at Seacrets.  It certainly wasn't for the food, not for getting s***t faced, but it was for the novelty of eating outside under full sized palm trees with a sand floor.  It was the first time I had been there in probably a decade.  Time has pretty much stood still (G-Love and Special Sauce was the headliner band that night).  It is also a different experience when you are there with your child, and they hand you the "rules" for being there with someone underage (kind of funny considering my daughter is 5.  They just opened a distillery on-site in June, which is new.  Okay, now on to the food--it was pretty bad and the service was pretty bad as well.  My wife and another friend had salads, one topped with grilled shrimp, the other with tuna.  The first time they made the salad with the tuna, it cam with tuna salad.  They acknowledged the mistake, re-made it, asked how the tuna should be cooked and it came about 15 minutes later well done.  Regardless, they comped it which was nice.  I had "Jamaican Tenders" and a side of fries.  They were pretty dried out, not very spicy, not very good to say the least, and pretty puny.  Someone else got a veggie wrap which looked pretty good and they seemed to like it.

Bottom line--don't come here for the food, some here for the ambiance or to get a frozen rum drink called a "Pain in the Ass", served in a plastic cup and sit in an oasis like setting with a canopy of palm trees and a sand floor.  If you don't take yourself too seriously and you enjoy the company you are with, you will have a good time at this classic.