Hotels at JFK Airport

DonRocks

This probably would have been a more useful reply a year or more ago, but with hope that in another year or two it's still there and fully open, here goes:

I have stayed at the TWA Hotel at JFK twice before catching early morning flights out. Before that, I had not been in the building since I was a child.

It's hard to beat the convenience of the location. It is a quick walk through a tunnel to T5 and, after a slightly longer walk, you can take the Airtrain to any other terminal.

The retro 60's vibe is fun. Might get old after too many visits, but so far two has not been too many. The Connie Cocktail Lounge is closed due to COVID, but is definitely worth a visit whenever it eventually reopens. The rooftop pool supposedly has runway views but I did not get a chance to visit.

16 hours ago, vengroff said:

This probably would have been a more useful reply a year or more ago, but with hope that in another year or two it's still there and fully open, here goes:

I have stayed at the TWA Hotel at JFK twice before catching early morning flights out. Before that, I had not been in the building since I was a child.

It's hard to beat the convenience of the location. It is a quick walk through a tunnel to T5 and, after a slightly longer walk, you can take the Airtrain to any other terminal.

The retro 60's vibe is fun. Might get old after too many visits, but so far two has not been too many. The Connie Cocktail Lounge is closed due to COVID, but is definitely worth a visit whenever it eventually reopens. The rooftop pool supposedly has runway views but I did not get a chance to visit.

Darren ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! How long has it been ???

(For those who don't know, Darren was my predecessor (!) as DC&DelMarVa Forum Host at eGullet (which I began in early 2004)).

I remember reading about this hotel 1-2 years ago - it sounded fascinating, but yours is the only recommendation I've ever heard. Next time I go, I'll stay there for sure.

It's nice to "see" you again!

19 hours ago, DonRocks said:

Darren ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! How long has it been ???

Quite a while. I'm glad to see you have kept this site up and running. I'm back from the west coast and look forward to contributing again.

I promise the TWA Hotel is better than Rosa Mexicano in DC*, which I regrettably recommended in a thread long ago that just may have been where you first brought up the subject of ventworms.

* I still think the original location in NYC before ownership changed and it chainified was really excellent.

• Haha 2