Snallygaster 2016, (Still) DC's Largest Craft Beer Festival - Yards Park, Saturday, Sep 17, 2016, 11AM-6PM

TedE

(Link for thread on last year's event)

We'll be there again for the VIP session starting in the morning, and stay until the crowds get unmanageable.  The list seems to be shaping up later than previous years, but some genuinely new-to-DC stuff to be had again (Jester King and Wicked Weed come to mind).  As always, there will be more that I want to taste than is physically possible or financially prudent.

21 hours ago, Rovers2000 said:

I am going and if I get to taste CBS and / or BA Abraxas I will consider it time and money well spent. 

If you do not have the VIP ticket, CBS might be hard to get a pour.  Last year, rare beers like that had a cattle call as soon as the gates opened.

1 hour ago, pras said:

If you do not have the VIP ticket, CBS might be hard to get a pour.  Last year, rare beers like that had a cattle call as soon as the gates opened.

I have VIP tickets.  My goal with Snallygaster is normally to get in and get out after tasting what I have earmarked to try vs. trying to stick it out for the whole day.

• Like 1

On September 11, 2016 at 9:45 AM, pras said:

When I say "cattle call" I mean a litteral sprint for the line.

The lines for Cantillon, CBS et al. will be half an hour long or more shortly after the gates open.  If you try for more than one of those you are basically paying $30 for the privilege of those tastes!  But some of them will be sold out shortly after the main session begins, so it's a matter of priority.