Saturday Night Pre-Theatre - Within Walking Distance of the Hirschfeld Theater

MarkS

Heading to NY in November with my wife to see Kinky Boots. I am pretty sure we want to eat in the 530 time frame for an 8pm show as opposed to eating later then 10pm.  Esca comes to mind as close by to both the show and our hotel.  Any other recommendations would be appreciated before I jump on reservation next week (30 days in advance).  I've ruled out Craft and Grammercy Tavern as we really want to be in walking distance and close by show if possible.

Recs for Sunday Brunch would be great as well.  We'll probably walk the Highline and willing to go fairly far for a good brunch.

Esca was a solid hit. Sat down at 5:15 and was out by 7;45 as was everyone else who were all going to theatre.  Service was busy and we were immediately told that there wasn't enough time for the tasting menu.  Highlight was Bronzino for two cooked in Salt and fileted at table..  Served perfectly and the taste was sublime.  This is not a cheap place but it wasn't over the top by NY standards.  We did have a Rosso de Montlepucino for $80 that was drinking great.

Highly recommended

• Like 1