Nicecream Factory - Flash-Frozen Ice Cream Chainlet in Clarendon and Old Town Alexandria

Although it's been there for more than two years, I have yet to try the offerings at Nicecream Factory's Clarendon location (former home of Red Mango). They must be doing something right, as they are opening a second location in Old Town, at 726 King Street, right next door to Eammon's: A Dublin Chipper. Yogi Castle closed a year ago, so that section of King Street hasn't had a frozen dessert option for a while. With Five Guys opening across the street in the near future, there should be plenty of casual diners looking for something sweet to follow their burger.

They use liquid nitrogen to flash freeze ice cream to order, supposedly making a denser and creamier finished product, with custom, fresh ingredients.

Anybody tried it?

We'be been a couple of times, although not for quite some time (a couple of years?). We did really like the ice cream, especially nice texture, but the baked goods (a cookie one time, maybe a brownie another) were very disappointing.

Nicecream was at a yelp event last year and the owner was really playing up the custom diet friendly product he makes.  Since it can be frozen to order he is able to make lactose free, xxx free ice cream, for example he can use juice only, or almond milk in place of milk products.  For that reason I could see if having a better than your average ice cream shop following.

I haven't been to this location yet, but I happen to really like it at the Clarendon location. I especially like the texture (I guess that's probably inherent to liquid nitrogen ice cream), and they've also done a good job with the flavored I've had. So I, for one, am quite looking forward to one more ice cream place in old town.