Crust Pizza, Wood-Fired Pizza on Old Courthouse Road in Tysons Corner - Using the Same Oven as Pupatella And Pizzeria Orso

Neapolitan Pizza in Tysons: Crust Pizza.

If I missed this place already covered, my apologies.  Recently opened in the Tysons area 1/2 block off Route 123 and Old Courthouse.  It is next door to the ABC store.

If you want a great pizza and do not want to drive to Falls Church (Orso), or DC (2 Amys) or (Paradiso), give this place a shot.  Decent seating and all new space.  TVs usually have a soccer match on or NFL on Sunday.  You order at the counter and they bring out your food.  This is very casual, but also very good.  Beer available.  If you want a true wood-fired experience it is worth a shot.  Reasonable $$ and salads are decent as well.  Parking lot is in back of the restaurant.

• Like 1

I'm shocked that the thread has only one other post.  Though, truth be told, we had never heard of this place until some friends brought us here the other day.

The space is great, especially for kids, and their oven looks legit.  Pizzas had good char and perfect chew.  Dough could've used a tad more salt, though that's my personal taste.  Prices are reasonable.  There's no other place in Tysons proper that I would consider clearly better.  Of course, some of the excellent Vienna joints are only minutes away.

This is where I go for my Neapolitan pies.  They have a loyalty program, buy 8 pizzas, get 1 free.  I don't go out for pizza very often these days so I can't rank Pupatella, Orso & Crust.   Suffice to say it is good enough that I don't bother going to Pupatella & Orso any more. 

I got a Peppino sandwich (prosciutto di Parma, fresh mozzarella, arugula, tomato) there about a year ago with their fresh dough as the bread.  I swear I got 4 meals out of that thing, although I do sometimes eat like a bird.  🦅  The pizza looked solid.  The decor/seating area has a bit of a cafeteria vibe.  I would go more often for take-out if I lived closer.

On 6/1/2018 at 12:11 PM, silentbob said:

I'm shocked that the thread has only one other post.  Though, truth be told, we had never heard of this place until some friends brought us here the other day.

The space is great, especially for kids, and their oven looks legit.  Pizzas had good char and perfect chew.  Dough could've used a tad more salt, though that's my personal taste.  Prices are reasonable.  There's no other place in Tysons proper that I would consider clearly better.  Of course, some of the excellent Vienna joints are only minutes away.

It's in Virginia (I'm in MD). While I work in Ballston, I rarely make the extra effort to meander for food over that way  during the week and it would require a LOT of good reason to make the MD to VA trek on a weekend. But that is just me.

On 6/1/2018 at 12:50 PM, Ericandblueboy said:

This is where I go for my Neapolitan pies.  They have a loyalty program, buy 8 pizzas, get 1 free.  I don't go out for pizza very often these days so I can't rank Pupatella, Orso & Crust.   Suffice to say it is good enough that I don't bother going to Pupatella & Orso any more. 

Good to know. If I'm in the rea for some other reason, good to know there is good pizza there.

We went last week after they had been open less than a week. Outstanding and authentic pizza. Owner is super nice and accommodating and service was fantastic, especially for a business that just opened its doors. I've been a big fan of the Tyson's Crust, so when I saw they were opening a Herndon location, I was stoked. We ordered the Aroncini, which were good, but I prefer the ones at Vollo in DC. Nothing wrong with them at all, just have a preference for the others. We ordered a straight forward pepperoni pizza, and man, oh man, it was so dang tasty. For dessert we ordered the cannoli. I loved them, but my partner doesn't like lemon. When I asked for a to go box for the second cannoli and explained why, the owner graciously offered to bring her a tiramisu at no extra charge. He did not have to do that as the cannoli was perfect. The tiramisu was outstanding! Totally coming back to give the pastas a try as well.