Jimmy's New York Pizza, Short-Order Cooking with Delivery on Enterprise Street in Sterling - Under New Management as of Late 2017

Yesterday, my co-worker asked me if I wanted to grab lunch and I said sure and asked him what he had in mind.  He said there is a hole in the wall place in Sterling, VA that serves good cheese steak.  I said I am game and off we went.  The place is a complete hole in the wall and I loved it.  Has less than twenty seats. 

I ordered the cheese steak and a slice of pizza, so I could get an idea on the pizza.  I was impressed with the pizza.  It wasn't soggy, was able to do a proper fold on a new york style pizza.  It was delicious.  The cheese steak was outstanding.  I was impressed.  It was juicy with the juices dripping down the sandwich and my hand.  I went through at least ten napkins while consuming that sandwich. 

I plan on going back and trying some more items.

IMG_5298.JPG

• Like 4

I am a sucker for a decent steak and cheese in NoVa.  I went by and tried Jimmy's NY Pizza yesterday for a late lunch.  Great stuff.  This place is nothing as far as atmosphere, but the steak and cheese was worth the trip.  The person cooking and who greeted me said they do a lot of carryout business.  If you blink, you will miss this place.  Tucked away in a very small strip mall off in an obscure commercial area of Sterling.  Next time I will try the pizza - thanks for the recommendation.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

I am a sucker for a decent steak and cheese in NoVa.  I went by and tried Jimmy's NY Pizza yesterday for a late lunch.  Great stuff.  This place is nothing as far as atmosphere, but the steak and cheese was worth the trip.  The person cooking and who greeted me said they do a lot of carryout business.  If you blink, you will miss this place.  Tucked away in a very small strip mall off in an obscure commercial area of Sterling.  Next time I will try the pizza - thanks for the recommendation.

no problem! I plan on going back and trying some more items.

I finally made it back to Jimmy's to try their cheese steak again.  It did not disappoint.  Was as delicious as it was on the first visit. 

My co-worker got the Gyro sandwich with fries.  He said it was average.  The gyro meat looked a little dry.

1. Gyro Sandwich

2. Cheese Steak

3. More Cheese Steak

IMG_5722.JPG

IMG_5726.JPG

IMG_5727.JPG

Was in the area for lunch and hit Jimmy's again - consistent and hearty Steak & Cheese.  Actually ran into owner as I left and he encouraged me to try the pizza next time I was in. This place is very hard to find as there is a tree blocking the view from the street, and I knew where I was going. 

UPDATE: this place has been sold recently.  While I had hoped the new owner continued with the original recipes, they discontinued the large sub rolls, and I think the steak changed on the steak and cheese.  I have only been back once - the new owner is nice but was telling me about all the improvements and new menu items they recently added - website and new menu says "Under New Management."