Work Dinner Tonight in Gaithersburg - Need Good, but Basic, Cuisine

beachgirl54

Tried the Guide (is Le Palais closed?) and am struggling.  Some adventurous diners, one confirmed meat and potatoes guy.  Was also thinking of Il Pizzico, if they'll take a reservation.  I'd love to go to Silk Road but not sure if the unadventurous will find something there.  Thanks in advance.

Il Pizzico is more Rockville than Gaithersburg but definitely good.  You might also want to consider places in Downtown Crown, which include chains that tend to bridge the gap between adventurous and not so much.  I've personally been to Coastal Flats only and it was fine.  Paladar sounds the most intriguing, though the reviews here seemed mixed.

Il Pizzico does not take reservations.

Boulevard Tavern (Kentlands), while IMO not as good as when they used to be the MD outpost of Brasserie Beck, still serves pretty good food.

Maybe Dogfish Head? Depends on how casual the dinner is, I suppose, as to whether that's an appropriate atmosphere.

If people don't mind playing with their food, Riverside Hot Pot is a ton of fun. Individual hot pots, so even fussy eaters can assemble their own.

On 10/24/2016 at 9:27 PM, beachgirl54 said:

Thanks - we ended up at Coastal Flats - lowest common denominator.  It was fine - I had crab cakes that comes with fresh slaw and cauliflower mash, which was tasty.  

This is why I tag these threads - even though the suggestions may not have worked out this time around, they'll be quite useful in the future for others. Thanks for getting back to us with the end result (people forget how important that is).

• Like 1