Taqueria & Rosticeria Fresca - in the Former Grace Deli Space on 7th and H Street NE - H Street Corridor

I was sure this had been talked about on this thread but apparently not. And if that's the case, the fault is mine, as I'm the person who spends the most time on here talking about taco options on or near the H Street corridor. 

This place opened up earlier this year in the former Grace Deli spot on the corner of 7th and H. Per Prince of Petworth, they've applied for licenses for both outdoor seating and to serve alcohol, both of which would be nice. In my opinion, right now these are the best tacos on H Street. The tortillas at Impala remain the best, but I much prefer the tacos, and really the rest of the offerings I've tried, at Fresca, although in fairness they are very different establishments (Impala is a full sit-down restaurant with a bar and patio while Fresca is a small, counter-service establishment with minimal seating). So far we've mostly stuck to tacos and tamales, and I need to work through the rest of the menu. 

• Like 1

Lunch here again on Monday: there was a special of an enormous plate of rice; a small, iceberg-only lettuce salad; three tortillas; and two roasted, guajillo chile-marinated, bone-in pork ribs. $8. Threw on an al pastor and a lengua taco for good measure, and I was out of there with two meals worth of food for less than $15. Family running the place couldn't be kinder, and the place is packed every day with Latin American construction workers - good sign. 100% agree: best tacos on H Street.

• Like 2