On Rye - Jewish-Style Deli on 6th and H Street in Chinatown Serving Sous-Vide Corned Beef and Pastrami - Closed

I usually stay far, far away from deli (I find it salty, among other things I don't like about it), so keep this in mind (I don't think I have ever had a reuben before, and I am from NYC!).

Anyway, I had a modified pastrami reuben from here today (pastrami, light on the kraut, no russian dressing, sub gouda for swiss), and it was delicious.  The egg cream was just okay though.  Of note is that they have a few deserts, including the best black & white cookie I have had in the DC area.

• Like 5

It sticks in my head that Urfa, Kanlaya, and Burma were all open at the same time and not in succession.  Burma was up on the 2nd floor,  Facing that block, Urfa was on the left of that building, and Kanlaya was in the middle.

49 minutes ago, rbh said:

Urfa, Kanlaya, and Burma were all open at the same time and not in succession.

I think that's right at least for Burma and Kanlaya (I can't remember when Urfa opened). Burma was on the second floor and Kanlaya at ground level (not sure if they were in the same building or neighboring buildings).

1 hour ago, dracisk said:

I think that's right at least for Burma and Kanlaya (I can't remember when Urfa opened). Burma was on the second floor and Kanlaya at ground level (not sure if they were in the same building or neighboring buildings).

Google Street between 2009 and 2014 shows all three of them together, with Urfa immediately to the North of the other two. Kind of a weird hodge podge building that is more united with the renovation where On Rye was.  

• Like 1