Phở Bình, Vietnamese Noodle House and Grill in Several Area Locations

Great lunch today at Nam Eatery in the Heights.  
My banh mi with house paté and 2 over easy fried eggs was great, made even better with a schmear of smoky chili paste taken from the sauce selection.  The baguette was appropriately light and crispy.  I originally ordered the "combination," with steamed pork roll and cold cuts, but they no longer serve it because "no one ever ordered it."  For shame, Houstonians.  For shame.  

Happy to report that Pho Binh's location in the Heights offers "The Original" banh mi (off menu, but advertised on signs around the restaurant & on the cash register), which is essentially a cold-cut and paté sandwich.  Grabbed one the other day for lunch.  You're going to have a hard time finding a better way of spending $5.50 for lunch elsewhere in the city.  Fantastic on its own, the flavors popped that much more with an easy shake of fish sauce and a thin line of Sriracha.

I can also vouch for the lemongrass beef banh mi and the pork/spring roll bun.  I am slightly embarrassed that I have yet to try the pho, especially considering the possibility of the roasted bone marrow add-on.  Soon...soon.

On 7/29/2016 at 10:24 PM, Josh said:

I can also vouch for the lemongrass beef banh mi and the pork/spring roll bun.  I am slightly embarrassed that I have yet to try the pho, especially considering the possibility of the roasted bone marrow add-on.  Soon...soon.

FYI, I have the pho here almost on a weekly basis and it is great.