Irish Breakfasts

DonRocks

2 hours ago, emberlivi said:

I'm surprised that with all of the awards and accolades that Sean, Jack & Co. have racked up, there hasn't been more conversation about Dead Rabbit.

We went last month while I was in town for a conference. They recently added a full Irish Breakfast to the menu:

14671135_10154571352745675_5367049479950976090_n.jpg

This picture brings back so many memories of my son and I going to Ireland in 2010 - we were there for about 10 days, and seemingly every single morning, we'd have an Irish Breakfast, which looked exactly like this (except that we had cheaper, lower-quality, hotel versions). By the time our trip was over, neither of us wanted to see another Irish Breakfast again, and I'm pretty sure it remains that way now, six years later.

They look *so good*, but in reality, the ones they serve in most hotels just aren't, and when you have them day after day, they really just wear on you.

Thanks for the memory - I think!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DonRocks said:

This picture brings back so many memories of my son and I going to Ireland in 2010 - we were there for about 10 days, and seemingly every single morning, we'd have an Irish Breakfast, which looked exactly like this (except that we had cheaper, lower-quality, hotel versions). By the time our trip was over, neither of us wanted to see another Irish Breakfast again, and I'm pretty sure it remains that way now, six years later.

They look *so good*, but in reality, the ones they serve in most hotels just aren't, and when you have them day after day, they really just wear on you.

Thanks for the memory - I think!

I haven't had a proper Irish Breakfast in Ireland so I don't really have much of a reference, but I thought what we had at Dead Rabbit was quite good. It definitely served its purpose of keeping me sustained during a full day in NYC!