Trattoria da Lina, Owner Marcello Minna's Italian on Carroll Avenue in Takoma Park

I received the following e-mail via a Silver Spring listserv this morning:

Trattoria da Lina is a new Italian restaurant coming to Takoma Park in early 2017. The project will take over a former office space and add another option to Takoma Park's growing dining scene. 

Construction is well underway for this 55 seat restaurant in the heart of the Takoma Park commercial district. The restaurant's design is rustic and cozy with brick and wood and inspired by the casual eateries of the owner's motherland.The menu will offer a wide variety of pasta dishes, including traditional favorites and authentic creations, plus steak and fish options too. The restaurant will host a full bar.

The owner is Marcello Minna, area restaurateur with 20 years experience and partner in Magico, the group behind Takoma Park's popular Dolci Gelati Cafe. Minna plans to staff the Trattoria with a team from Italy. 

Trattoria da Lina 
7000 Carroll Ave
Takoma Park, MD 20912
202-446-4167
Minnamarcello@yahoo.com

• Like 2

An update from an e-mail I received:

Trattoria Da Lina, Takoma Park's newest restaurant, opened quietly this past weekend and will be open again to the public starting Wednesday, March 29th for dinner at 5:00pm. Diners will enjoy the rustic dining room complete with high ceilings, soft lighting and wood and brick accents. The open kitchen is view-able from the 55 seat dining room and future outdoor seating is planned.  

Owner Marcello Minna offers Italian dishes using the freshest ingredients. The menu starts off with antipasti including salads, calamari, octopus and meatballs. Main dishes range from traditional favorites like spaghetti and meatballs, lasagna and chicken Marsala to innovative pasta options and others prepared with lamb chops and branzino. There is a carefully selected wine list with choices by the glass. Authentic desserts like tiramisu and pannacotta are available to complete the dining experience. 

Trattoria Da Lina is located 3 blocks from the Takoma Metro station on Metro's Red Line and parking is available next door to the restaurant. 

Trattoria Da Lina 
7000 Carroll Ave
Takoma Park, MD 20912

Hours:
Tuesday-Sunday: 5:00pm-10:00pm
Sundays: 10:00am-3:00pm and 5:00pm-10:00pm

• Like 2

I ate there during the second night of their soft opening . First impressions: nice decor, except for the oversized TV on one wall. Glare from the semi-open kitchen makes its way well into the dining room. Friendly staff, seemed to know what was going on, place about half full, the owner very active with customers.  You can tell when the owner is there because his bliack Alfa Romeo is parked just outside. Authentic!

I had a caesar salad, watery, and I could  not taste anchovies in the anchovy dressing. That was followed by a huge serving of fresh fettuccine bolognese. Really great, rich, little tomato, loved it. Did I mention that it was huge? Finished with a nutella pannacotta, made on site that was really nice. Drank the house red, very good, kind of like a super Tuscan, but not really identified on the menu. Total bill with tip for one $50.00.

I'll be back soon, will be looking for ways to enjoy a little lighter meal. 

• Like 2