The Cove, American Tavern and Whiskey Bar with Live Entertainment at 1500 S. Geroge Street in York

Tonight's meal was brought to you by the letter B as well as S. Bad service , boys & girls, cancels out a great meal everytime. I often equate it to a bad review. I could read 100 reviews ,but that one bad one will sit heavy with me. The Cove in York has one less patron. 

Let me start off with the good stuff,though. A bowl of cream of crab,by far is the best deal in town at $4.99. Large bits of backfin crab is abundant throughout the savory blend of cream& spices. I asked the surly bartender what he recommended as a restaurant fav, and the service staff jumped at the opportunity to reccomend the Cantina Nachos. The nachos can be topped off with an array of protein options. I chose the brisket. Wow , just wow. I was  blown away when the dish was served. A long oblong plate stacked high with fatty goodness. Housemade chips piled high with beef brisket accented by an abundance of jalepenos, black beans, scallions,tomatoes, and gooey cheddar cheese.It would have been made a bit more perfect if a sprinkling of chopped cilantro made an appearance. But thats me.But my dear followers, thats where the perfection ended. 

I was really trying to give the bartender the benefit of my doubt, but he failed miserably. I watched him reach into a ice bin with a glass tumbler. Irresponsible.

But more importantly , he didnt even bother to greet me once I sat down. Whats the average time a bartender greets a patron? He made eye contact, walked away from me to pour a glass of wine. Still no greeting& or acknowledgement. Not off to a good start. 

The service when downhill from there. Everytime I asked him a question, he acted indifferent,& bothered by my request. I wasn't his only victim of the evening. I watched him give bad service to just about anyone in listening range.

I wanted to like this place, I really did, but bad service cancels out great food everytime.

disappointed,

kat

IMG_7062.JPG