Group Brunch for My Mom's Birthday in a Few Weeks - Arlington or Environs

Genevieve

Hi all - looking for a brunch place for a group for my mom's birthday in a couple weeks. I was looking at Kafe Leopold because she's expressed interest in trying them and we could walk there, but they don't take reservations, and after reading the thread it sounds like service is bad (still) and food is just OK, which won't make up for bad service.

Any recommendations for Arlington, Alexandria, Falls Church, or maybe somewhere in DC (though if in DC, it has to have easy parking - valet or a lot)?  Would definitely prefer a place that takes reservations, and a little bit nice in atmosphere (doesn't have to be fancy). Virginia would be preferable to DC, but I'm not seeing wonderful options. Willow was her favorite Arlington place before they closed, and she liked Water and Wall for dinner a couple years ago, but I went for brunch last year and was disappointed (also, don't know about the new chef yet). We've been to Tupelo Honey and had iffy service there, she's not a fan of Liberty Tavern or Kapnos (though she loves Zaytinya), I'd like to go to Ambar for dinner soon but don't think their brunch menu looks like what she'd like. She doesn't like Japanese food, or I'd try Yona. Fiola Mare is fancier than I was thinking. Bastille is 3 courses prix fixe, and some of us are likely to want 1 or 2 courses only (same is true of Ser). Not loving Jaleo's brunch menu, though she loves Jaleo generally (hasn't been to Crystal City, just DC).

The Majestic and Chart House (she likes the caviar on the salad bar, among other things) are the best that have come to mind so far.

Thanks for any ideas!   

Cava Mezze has an a la carte and AYCE/AYCD- I would go a la carte for sure.  I always like brunch at Green Pig Bistro- they have that small parking garage under their building and the parking garage one building down?  What about Lyon Hall?  I like their brunch MUCH more than Liberty Tavern (not sure they have the valet for brunch though).  In Old Town- I don't eat brunch here a lot, but Columbia Firehouse was good last time I went for brunch- there is a garage at Market Square or under the courthouse.

I'd add Ambar, Clarendon.  Been there several times, though not for brunch and don't know the brunch menu.  On the service side I doubt you can find an all around friendlier place these days: Not impeccable elegant service, but the overall friendliest, customer friendly/ customer accommodating service.   Its fun.  There are many comments about the noise including a recent review here at dr.com, though I haven't noticed it.  Parking:  I haven't had to be concerned with parking, but you could drop off your group, land a parking space as close as possible and they'll seat the group first and allow for the parker to come in afterwards.  That is good and appropriate customer service.

(Ooops--didn't see you had thought about Ambar for dinner and ruled it out for brunch--sorry)

Thank you!  For Clarendon restaurants, parking won't be a problem; I was only worried about that if we go to DC (most Alexandria places have parking), so I clarified my initial post.

I've heard really good things about Ambar's service and food, and we've been planning to go, but it didn't seem like a brunchy place to me (the menu didn't pique my interest as much as their dinner menu). Lyon Hall and Green Pig are possibilities - their brunch menus didn't look that exciting to me, but I could give my mom the links for those and Cava and let her pick. Hadn't thought of Columbia Firehouse, thanks! 

I'll take a look at Requin.

SER in Ballston has an interesting three course brunch.  I've also had a lovely Sunday brunch at BlackSalt in DC.  Palisades is much more relaxed in terms of finding street parking and there's an actual tiny parking deck that patrons of that strip can use on the weekends (enter on V Street behind the storefronts).  In fact, one of the bartenders from Willow (in an increasingly common moment of brainfreeze I've forgotten his name) now works the bar there many evenings.  

38 minutes ago, MODWOP said:

In fact, one of the bartenders from Willow (in an increasingly common moment of brainfreeze I've forgotten his name) now works the bar there many evenings.  

Not Chris Cunningham??  I was hoping it was him, but is LinkedIn is accurate, he appears to be selling Lexus cars in Texas.