Living in Washington , DC,  I never thought I would find a venue that would showcase my love for artsy , independent films. E Street Cinema was a gem I thought to be rare. 

Zoetroplis Art House in Lancaster, Pa has fullfilled my long lost love for indie films. 

Moonlight is a film that should be the center of discussion at any table. 

My lack of review of this prolific film is deliberate. Please go see this film. 

You are welcome,

kat

IMG_7584.PNG

On 12/10/2016 at 8:48 PM, kitkatpaddywak said:

Living in Washington , DC,  I never thought I would find a venue that would showcase my love for artsy , independent films. E Street Cinema was a gem I thought to be rare. 

Zoetroplis Art House in Lancaster, Pa has fullfilled my long lost love for indie films. 

You are welcome,

kat

Well ... you were right!

• Like 1

On 12/10/2016 at 9:48 PM, kitkatpaddywak said:

You are welcome,

kat

I saw "Moonlight" last night, and I'm 100% in agreement with you: It is a historically great motion picture.

*** SPOILERS FOLLOW *** 

I am also not going to discuss any aspects of the film; however, I'll mention what it is, and what it isn't:

It is a meditation about coming-of-age. But that's not *all* it is - not even close.

It is not a "message movie," even though the message you walk away with will stay with you for a long time.

It is a great film that is fully deserving of any "Best Picture" awards it has won. Although I haven't seen "La La Land," I cannot imagine I would enjoy it more than this (especially since people are saying one of "La La Land's" attributes is that Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling are doing their own singing, and Ryan Gosling "learned how to play the piano" just for this movie). 

• Like 1

Moonlight is an extremely moving film. I saw three of the movies nominated for Best Picture this year (Moonlight, Manchester by the Sea, and La La Land), and of these three, Moonlight is my favorite. Chiron's coming of age story is heart wrenching and well told. It is a film well worth seeing.