"Cervantes Dali" (2016) by Artist David Silvah of David Silvah Art, Rosarito, Baja California, Mexico - Featured at CityFolk Gallery, Lancaster, PA

curiouskitkatt

I will admit I know very little about art, but I do know, or think I do, I  have discerning taste. 

Gallery Row in Lancanter  Pa, certainly has a number of noteworthy galleries worth a visit from those outside the area. 

I am rarely blown away by a piece of art. Today I was impressed. A painting titled, Cervantes Dali, completely haunted me. To conclude my statement, being haunted by a composition of art is a good thing. .David Silvah, you are a master. 

This piece can be found at CityFolk Gallery on Prince Street.

Priced at less that 2 months rent in the District can afford you this outstanding work. 

future art collector,

kat

IMG_8089.JPG

• Like 2

14 hours ago, kitkatpaddywak said:

I will admit I know very little about art, but I do know, or think I do, I  have discerning taste. 

Gallery Row in Lancanter  Pa, certainly has a number of noteworthy galleries worth a visit from those outside the area. 

I am rarely blown away by a piece of art. Today I was impressed. A painting titled, Cervantes Dali, completely haunted me. To conclude my statement, being haunted by a composition of art is a good thing. .David Silvah, you are a master. 

This piece can be found at CityFolk Gallery on Prince Street.

Kat, thank you for writing about this stirring painting. You really *do* have discerning taste, Mr. Silvah is indeed a talented artist, and "Cervantes Dali" really is a haunting work - it confronts the viewer, and wins in a staring contest ten-out-of-ten times. :)

Not knowing what Cervantes looked like, I wonder if this is a synthesis of the two men - I do see some Dali in the figure (the moustache is just great).

David Silvah's Facebook page is here, and CityFolk Gallery's website is here.

They actively promote the works of Mr. Silvah, and that section of their website can be found here. It's a pleasure to be able to browse through such a lovely website as theirs, about such a talented artist as Mr. Silvah. 

I'm trying to figure out the year this was painted, and also its medium (probably gouache on canvas). The painting has an Abraham Lincoln-like character to the main character's left (from the viewer's perspective). 

I would be delighted to have our members post details about individual works of art (I actually almost posted about "Guernica" a couple days ago), and wish more people would write posts like you and Martin do, about individual artworks. There are thousands of artists and artworks worth presenting here, and they'll all eventually be indexed, thus easy to find.

I've written both Mr. Silvah and CityFolk to try and obtain more information, which I will share here - I need to know how to tag this thread, and hopefully they´ll give me some ammo to do it with.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DonRocks said:

Kat, thank you for writing about this stirring painting. You really *do* have discerning taste, Mr. Silvah is indeed a talented artist, and "Cervantes Dali" really is a haunting work - it confronts the viewer, and wins in a staring contest ten-out-of-ten times. :)

Not knowing what Cervantes looked like, I wonder if this is a synthesis of the two men - I do see some Dali in the figure (the moustache is just great).

David Silvah's Facebook page is here, and CityFolk Gallery's website is here.

They actively promote the works of Mr. Silvah, and that section of their website can be found here. It's a pleasure to be able to browse through such a lovely website as theirs, about such a talented artist as Mr. Silvah. 

thank you!!! 

Sep 30, 2013 - "Baja Artist, David Silvah, Heading to Exhibits in Spain" by Marilyn Helgeson on bajacoastrealestate.com

Silvah is self taught. 

I am continualy in awe of how passion for one's heritage inspires one to be successful. The growth of our civilization is partly, if not wholly based on the conviction and determination of immigrants. 

I too, hope to follow in his footsteps.

always learning,

kat