Restaurant Delivery Without an Hour Wait - Does It Exist?

Genevieve

Fewer restaurants seem to have delivery these days (in Arlington, at least), and while Takeout Taxi is still in existence, we gave up on them a few years ago due to very long waits (1 hour minimum). We've tried Seamless a few times and had long waits and food forgotten.

What are people using these days? Seamless? UberEats? Something else?

Edit: Amazon Delivery? I saw in the Raaga thread that someone had used it and gotten dinner in 33 minutes (though I'm guessing wait times will differ depending on where you are).

I'm afraid that, short of places set up for delivery - like Domino's - that hour wait may remain an hour. External companies won't always be there the second the food is cooked, and if you order through them, there's no guarantee that communication will be instant (unless it's all automated). I just can't imagine much less of a wait than thirty minutes in the best of circumstances (it takes time to cook and to deliver). Proximity to your home will help, of course, and calling a restaurant directly, that delivers, will also; I just don't think there's going to be a reliable, long-term solution here. 

Thirty minutes wait is fine. It's when it's an hour to 90 minutes that it's a problem. We used to have a number of places with delivery in 30 minutes or so, and now we don't seem to, for those occasional nights when we're too exhausted or under the weather to go out and pick up.