Whetstone Tavern - Chef Jeremy Nolen's American Brasserie in Queen Village

Best of Philly noted Whetstone Tavern for its kids menu, saying that they're thoughtful about it, and that the kids items are as freshly made as everything else. This is no doubt true, yet this description does this excellent restaurant a disservice. All the food appears to be fresh and house-made, using simple ingredients but with close attention to detail. They have some good happy hour specials, which the wait staff was quick to point out, even tho it ended soon after our arrival. I had a very tasty pilsner draft that the server was nice enough to pronounce three times, yet I still can't remember. Oy! I had an order of pierogies, which were clearly made by hand on the premises, and included beef cheeks, onion, and other stuff. They were delicious and a meal unto themselves. I also got pappardelle, sausage, and kale dinner, and the noodles were also very fresh, solidly al dente , with ample crumbles of sausage and pieces of kale, among other ingredients. Oh, and the prices can't be beat; father in law got the hanger steak and it was $21, most expensive thing on the menu. The food was fantastic and we had excellent service (2 waitstaff taking care of a small, but not cramped, dining room). This is a great neighborhood restaurant.

Screenshot 2016-12-30 at 05.39.04.png

16 hours ago, Dr. Delicious said:

I had a very tasty pilsner draft that the server was nice enough to pronounce three times, yet I still can't remember. Oy!

Between your description, and reading Whetstone's menu, I can tell that Jeremy Nolen puts a lot of love into his cooking, and that the standard titles and tags I use don't adequately describe this restaurant. 

Was your Pilsner one of these?