Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And? And??

So far we have four participants who have reported reaching their goal

"Atlantic" down 14 pounds

ctay122 down 14.7 pounds

Heather down 18 pounds

TedE down 23.5 pounds

Almost as impressive - the thirty-nine members who have reported something have collectively lost over 300 pounds - 4% of our total weights.

If anyone has any further results that you haven't posted or reported yet - get them in and I'll put up one last report.

I didn't lose the 16 pounds set out as my official goal, but I did lose 15.5, which was more than 10% of my starting body weight... whether or not I've been successful depends on how you round it.

In any case, many thanks to all involved for coming up with the idea, providing motivation throughout, and sharing your struggles. I am lighter, happier, and healthier, thanks to the Challenge.

Keep working, everyone! It's supposed to be easier in the summer, right?

I didn't lose the 16 pounds set out as my official goal, but I did lose 15.5, which was more than 10% of my starting body weight... whether or not I've been successful depends on how you round it.
You know, I think all numbers were rounded up when initial calculations were made and the fact that modern scales now provide fractions may not have been taken into account.

For what it's worth, I say this sounds like victory to me--especially if you've managed to stay at that weight or attain newer goals. ;)

Anyone up to start a new Challenge? Summer 007! I am in and am happy to help organize!
Well, Scott, why not continue to post on the thread established for the Summer Challenge and establish your objectives?

During the Summer Challenge, I began by dividing the year into quarters, so I am still working on the April-June set of goals where I am falling short if pushing along. I plan to post again at the end of the month and decide how much I might accomplish before October. Solidarity would be welcome!

Sooooo ..... who's in for round 2?

I was trucking happily along and maintaining under my target weight from the last challenge all summer long. Then we got married in the middle of October. In the intervening 1.5 months I've regained a full 20% of the weight I had dropped. Early season training season begins again next week and I'm looking to drop another 10% by the spring. I'm predicting it's going to be a lot harder this go 'round. Who's with me?!

I am definitely in! I am currently at 260, down 12 from last year. I still like the idea of a 10% target (26 pounds for me) and a closure by the spring picnic or June 1 (which ever event takes place first). I am willing to put up a couple of fabulous prizes for those who reach their goal first (and maintain or continue to lose till the closure). I will also host a pot luck at my house for anyone participanting. We can kick around some ideas, but certainly raising some funds for a local charity as part of this should be discussed

Sooooo ..... who's in for round 2?

Me. Doctor's been tweaking my thyroid replacements meds, and I just started new asthma medication. I should have more energy soon to burn off the weight that's crept back. I've been walking every day and looking for a trainer.

My dad just had surgery again, and watching him try to recover has been sobering. He never watched his diet, smoked for 40 years, and never exercised. He's 63, but seems fifteen years older. I don't want to be like that.

I will give it another go. Without my paying any particular attention, between going back to work full time and eschewing gluten, my weight loss for 2007 is is near 10% anyway, but a long way to go.

Giving up gluten meant giving up beer, and pizza, and biscotti, and Jacob's Cream Crackers, but getting rid of belly ache and bloating makes up for it. This is approaching OT, I just wanted to mention that in case anybody has similar symptoms.

Count me in....I'm feeling motivated and didn't really get going back in the spring. I'm trying to get back into a regular gym routine, avoid those frequent lunches of pizza and other crap that are brought into the office by bringing my own lunch, and just, in general, be healthier and more aware of the choices I'm making. It'll be nice to have some moral support from friends - virtual AND real :(

Does everyone want to start now, as in today.... or maybe on Jan 1st?
If you wait a month, you'll put on weight in the interim and have more to lose!
I'm with Don - I sure don't need any excuses to eat and drink too much in the next month. Having an excuse NOT to will be a good thing for me...

I'm with Don - I sure don't need any excuses to eat and drink too much in the next month. Having an excuse NOT to will be a good thing for me...

May I suggest a one-month mini-maintenance program, from December 1st through December 31st, where people opt to lose between one and five pounds? Just chime in, and I'll figure out how to organize it. Then on January 1st, we can have Round Two of the big one.

Losing one pound in a couple of days is easy because of water weight, but keeping it off a month later will require actual weight loss.

Perfect!

I am not ready to commit to the total goal to after the holidays, but a 5 pound December goal is a great idea. Let's make this easy. Weigh yourself, post your weight on your thread, monitor your success, get ready for the big leagues in Jan.

Don,

Since many people did not chose to remain anonymous during the previous challenge, if someone wants to just start their own thread can they? If anyone chooses to remain anonymous then PM you (or someone you delegate to) to create a blind thread. Everyone from the last challenge can use their old thread.

I am ready to start now (I say after returning from Central minutes ago and already getting ready for dinner at Corduroy. :( At least I had all bran for breakfast.) But, I would be cool with a mini-plan now and then a big one later. It would be super-cool to lose 5 pounds by the end of the year and then work on 10% of what was left. That may actually make it easier to keep consistent during the holidays than just working off a longer-term goal.

If anyone's looking for a trainer in the Tyson's Corner area, let me know. I've been working out at a great gym tucked into the basement of one of the office buildings near the toll road, and have dropped 13 pounds since July. I still have some to go, but whatever I've lost is totally because of the trainers at Breakaway. PM me if you want more info.

Perfect!

I am not ready to commit to the total goal to after the holidays, but a 5 pound December goal is a great idea. Let's make this easy. Weigh yourself, post your weight on your thread, monitor your success, get ready for the big leagues in Jan.

Don,

Since many people did not chose to remain anonymous during the previous challenge, if someone wants to just start their own thread can they? If anyone chooses to remain anonymous then PM you (or someone you delegate to) to create a blind thread. Everyone from the last challenge can use their old thread.

Yes, anyone can start their own thread - OR, if they wish to remain completely anonymous, they can PM me and I'll assign them a code name and do it for them. Lackadaisi, losing five pounds in just one month may not be easy for you, since there isn't a whole lot to begin with. Maybe 2-3 is more realistic? The important thing for people this month is not to gain any!

Lackadaisi, losing five pounds in just one month may not be easy for you, since there isn't a whole lot to begin with.
Thank you, but I think 5 pounds is completely feasible. The cute little baby may distract some from the extra weight, but it is most definitely there in spades.

I lost 25 pounds last month. But, I guess I can't use that as a good predictor...