Eating in The Ferry Building Marketplace - The Embarcadero

Lydia R said:
Did anyone catch the April 30th NYTimes article about San Francisco's take-out friendly Ferry Building on the Embarcadero? OK, another cool dining option we don't have in metro DC. More info in the Ferry Building's web site.

the wine merchant is pretty good too, not that good california wine is hard to find in this neck of the woods, so that you can gather everything you need for a picnic. the coit tower is within walking distance, and you may run into the parrots on your way up telegraph hill, as we did by accident. off the piers in the vicinity you can watch locals haul in illegal baby sharks and throw them back in if they think someone might be watching. the water may not be as pristine as it appears. my wife reminds me not to forget the imperial tea court.

I tried to get into Hog Island Oyster bar on a beautiful Sunday afternoon, but the line was out the door and halfway to the end of the building. I luckily stumbled on Hard Water, a mostly whiskey bar with snacks, and with a charming sign out front that said "Today's Special -- Buy Two Drinks, and Pay for Both." Hard Water is just a few steps away from the Ferry Building, on Pier 3.

---

Hog Island Oyster Co. (DonRocks)
Boulette's Larder and BouliBar (DonRocks)

Recent good bites/sips here: 

ACME Bread Company's cranberry walnut loaf.  Will not discuss what % of this immense hunk of bread I consumed in under 24 hours. 

Blue Bottle's "New Orleans" Iced Coffee

Farmer's Market Salad from Cowgirl Creamery

Yeawife loved everything from Delica's bento boxes,  I enjoyed the salmon chowder. 

• Like 2