Teaser about Oz Potentially Closing on "Real Housewives of Potomac"

DaveO

18 minutes ago, DaveO said:

Well at least it's not political......

"Is Clarendon's Oz Restaurant in Trouble" on arlnow.com

Could someone explain, in 4-5 bullet points, what in the heck this is all about, and how everything ties in together?

1) I understand there's a show on Bravo called "Real Housewives of Potomac" which is apparently some spin-off of a show called "Real Housewives."

2) I understand there's a restaurant in Clarendon called Oz.

That's *all* I understand.

Are these real people on that video clip? Really??

Does Oz restaurant have something to do with the show, or is this something new?

I'm just as confused as if someone posted something about an article showing a teaser featuring Lyon Hall on "The Walking Dead" in a honeybee-related episode - in my mind, this is just several random, unrelated things that I know very little about, thrown together.

I don't follow reality shows, but I do read Arl Now. Here's a summary from an earlier story about Oz that should answer your questions. This was in an ArlNow story June 22, 2016:

The restaurant, at 2950 Clarendon Blvd, is co-owned by Ashley Darby, a cast member on the Bravo TV show Real Housewives of Potomac. The show began filming its second season in April — a process that was expected to take 3-4 months.

From an earlier story:

The restaurant serves authentic Australian cuisine, Darby said, adding that the food is new to many of the restaurant staff, including herself.

“We’re all learning as we go,” said Darby, who was crowned Miss D.C. in 2011.

Darby co-owns the restaurant with her husband, Michael, who is an Australian native and the co-founder of local real estate development firm Monument Realty.

Also, to make things interesting, I think this is a May - December relationship. 

43 minutes ago, DonRocks said:

Could someone explain, in 4-5 bullet points, what in the heck this is all about, and how everything ties in together?

1) I understand there's a show on Bravo called "Real Housewives of Potomac" which is apparently some spin-off of a show called "Real Housewives."

2) I understand there's a restaurant in Clarendon called Oz.

That's *all* I understand.

Are these real people on that video clip? Really??

Does Oz restaurant have something to do with the show, or is this something new?

I'm just as confused as if someone posted something about an article showing a teaser featuring Lyon Hall on "The Walking Dead" in a honeybee-related episode - in my mind, this is just several random, unrelated things that I know very little about, thrown together.

I don't watch the show and never heard of the restaurant, but this Post article from 2015 gives context.

Oz co-owner Ashley Darby is a cast member on the RHOP.   

Reality shows create drama to get people to watch.  This restaurant is being used for that purpose on the show. 

According to the Post article, restaurants seem to be preferred vehicles for drama on this series.