I know I've been MIA for a while, and offer my apologies for being an under-performing member of our community.  Let me earn a bit of redemption by letting you all in on a little secret hide-away all the way up in Monrovia Maryland.  

Wilcom's Inn is a refurbishment of the old dragway bar that sat at the crossroads of Routes 80 and 75.  The building has been divided into a sports bar with full kitchen service and a white tablecloth steakhouse with Peruvian flair.   L'Academie de Cuisine-trained Chef Mark Fuster has built his menu around steak house staples such as cowboy cut rib eye, NY strip and crab cakes.  The real genius of the menu lies in the Peruvian inspired dishes such as LOMO - a very savory stir-fry of filet mignon; empanadas, ceviche and tacos.

Wilcom's Inn also offers a bottomless brunch both Saturday and Sunday for $30 that includes tasting sized portions of many of the diner menu options.  Mimosas are $7 with 50 cent refills and Bloodies are $10 with $1 refills. If you're a late riser, brunch is served until 4pm! 

The pot of gold at the end of this particular rainbow is Wilcom's wine list.  Curated by the man behind Gaithersburg's former Rico Y Rico, this list is comprised of 90+ rated bottles offered at extremely reasonable prices.  Find a new wine you love?  Wilcom's has a "carry out" license that permits you to purchase their wines at retail (not menu) prices to take home with you.  

Hubby and I double dated with friends from Westminster last weekend.  We managed to try three different appetizers and four different entrees.  Everything was very well received.  My friend's LOMO narrowly edged out my scallops (a special) for best dish on the table.  Our server, Dani, was friendly, attentive and knowledgeable about the menu.  She had great recommendations.   

It's small, it's a bit loud, and the parking lot is filled with jacked-up pick up trucks.  All this is superfluous.  Great food, great wine and great service are waiting for you in this dusty corner of Frederick County.  

• Like 7