Coffee On the National Mall - Dolcezza Opens a Pop-Up Stand at the Hirshhorn Museum Plaza

Good news for those who spend time on the Mall. Excerpted from a Smithsonian staff email:

"The Hirshhorn is pleased to announce opening of a Dolcezza Gelato & Coffee pop-up coffee shop, its first food and beverage service....

Dolcezza’s Hirshhorn pop-up is located on the Museum’s plaza and will serve daily-made gelato, rich pastries, and expertly crafted coffee drinks, pour-over coffee, cider and hot chocolate. Visitors to the space can also enjoy a new commissioned mural by DC-based artist Kelly Towles, inspired by the works of Yayoi Kusama.

Currently open 9 AM to 5 PM, the coffee shop will launch extended hours on Monday, April 3, opening at 8 AM every day and staying open on Wednesdays until 6 PM."

whoo-hoo!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I stopped in last week while waiting in line for THE EXHIBIT.  It is a cool container store with local graffiti.  No real seating, and I am not sure whether you can bring it inside the museum.  But I enjoyed my espresso there.