Lebanese Bistro, Burke Center Village

I couldn’t find a thread on Lebanese Bistro in BurkeCenterVillage – only its predecessor Aladdin.  We wouldn’t have found it now except for the new H Mart there. 

We have always frequented Lebanese Taverna at Pentagon Row; it is really good and fills the Lebanese craving.  This little place does the same thing and is much closer to home with no parking issues.  The menu is less involved but all of the requirements are there.  The tabouli was super fresh and the hummus was finished with a great olive oil.  The bread was perfect for the cleaning the bowls.  One of us ordered perfectly seasoned and cooked lamb chops while another had the mixed grill.  I ordered my kafta burger with a cup of lentil soup instead of fries and I will do it that way next time.  Both were great.

It is a strip shopping center with outdoor seating overlooking the parking lot and the prices reflect the location and the fluorescent lighting.  Friendly service with the owner there to make sure everyone is happy.  We will do it again.

• Like 3

Hmmm....new Middle Eastern places popping up all over, like Darna in Virginia Square and Phoenicia on Gallows near Tysons....a much under-appreciated cuisine getting some good representation.

Feel free to reference my primer on Middle Eastern cuisine here.

Now, get out there and patronize these places so they continue to improve and gain longevity!

• Like 1

Thanks for the report, jderryup, and the admonishment, Kibbee Nayee--points taken!

This is almost walking distance from where I live and the only things stopping me from trying it are a previous bad experience with the predecessor (Aladdin) and the good food at the neighboring Margarita's Latin Grill. 

For the record: This is the shopping center with the new H-Mart, and the correct name is Burke Village Center.

]

• Like 1

Stopped in for an early lunch today, about 11:20.  I got the vegetarian sampler platter and a bowl of chicken vegetable soup, my companion had the kibbe appetizer and the lentil soup.  The sampler came on a rectangular plate had stuffed grape leaves in the corner, and a line of scoops of hummus, baba ganoush, laban bi kiar (a yogurt & cucumber spread) and muhammara (diced red peppers, feta & walnut), and came with a basket of warm pita.  The pitas were very thin and a little chewy, tasted very fresh and also seemed as though they would not travel well at all.  The stuffed grape leaves were traditional but very nicely done, a good bright note of lemon in them and the rice was nicely firm.  I also enjoyed the muhammara, a dip/spread I hadn't tried before.  The baba ganoush and hummus were typical.  As for the soups, the chicken soup broth wasn't very flavorful but the veggies weren't cooked to mush.  I tried a spoonful of the lentil soup and it was clearly the soup to order here.  Very nicely spiced.

Service was pleasant but a little slow.  Although we were the only people dining in that early, there was a pretty steady flow of take-out being picked up while we were there.

• Like 3