Founders KBS

pras

Founders KBS has hit the market locally and may be difficult to find a bottle.  This is probably more popular to beer geeks than Hopslam and produced in smaller quantities.  If you see this on the shelf do not hesitate to take it, and if you see someone else eyeing the last bottle while you are standing next to this person, grab it first.  Description from Founders website: "What we’ve got here is an imperial stout brewed with a massive amount of coffee and chocolates, then cave-aged in oak bourbon barrels for an entire year to make sure wonderful bourbon undertones come through in the finish. Makes your taste buds squeal with delight."

I am not typically a fan of stouts, but this one is a killer.

Agree that 2017 is a particularly good batch and is worth picking up.

For reference, I also recently opened at 2016 bottle that I had aged, and it was tremendous.  The barrel notes had softened nicely and there was still a prevailing taste of coffee - these definitely hold up over time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pras said:

Founders KBS has hit the market locally and may be difficult to find a bottle.  This is probably more popular to beer geeks than Hopslam and produced in smaller quantities.  If you see this on the shelf do not hesitate to take it, and if you see someone else eyeing the last bottle while you are standing next to this person, grab it first.  Description from Founders website: "What we’ve got here is an imperial stout brewed with a massive amount of coffee and chocolates, then cave-aged in oak bourbon barrels for an entire year to make sure wonderful bourbon undertones come through in the finish. Makes your taste buds squeal with delight."

I am not typically a fan of stouts, but this one is a killer.

If I see any when I'm out, does anyone want me to buy it, whatever it costs? I don't really want this for myself. 

If so, how much should I buy?

3 minutes ago, DonRocks said:

If I see any when I'm out, does anyone want me to buy it, whatever it costs? I don't really want this for myself. 

If so, how much should I buy?

I doubt you will find any, and the normal retail for a beer is on the pricey side ($7.99/12 oz) bottle.  There were 10 bottles on Saturday night at State Line in Beltsville.  They had received 5 cases the day before with people lined up for the release at 5 pm.  I would be surprised if there is any left today.  This beer flies off the shelf.

12 minutes ago, pras said:

I doubt you will find any, and the normal retail for a beer is on the pricey side ($7.99/12 oz) bottle.  There were 10 bottles on Saturday night at State Line in Beltsville.  They had received 5 cases the day before with people lined up for the release at 5 pm.  I would be surprised if there is any left today.  This beer flies off the shelf.

Well, until someone steps forward and says, "Yes! Buy whatever you see and I'll take it all!" I won't get any then.