Nanjing Asian Bistro - Authentic Chinese Cuisine in Fairfax Centre, Lee Highway in Fairfax

I was out in Fairfax so I finally stopped in Nanjing Bistro (in the same shopping center as Chuy's).  It's supposed to be authentic Nanjing cuisine.  The menu I received has lots of pictures, so if you didn't get an authentic looking Chinese menu with pictures, you should request it.  I had a cold spicy chicken dish (the sauce is surprisingly sweet with a hint of fishiness, probably from some kind of fish sauce), a bean paste fish filet, and some stirred fried veggies.  None of them knocked my socks off but the food is pretty good.

• Like 3

Took the kids here for brunch.  On weekends they have soy milk, you-tiao, scallion pancake, Xiao-Lon baos, and a few other items.  

We had the Nanjing wontons, served in a seaweed broth.  Everyone enjoyed the wontons.  The broth wasn't really spicy even though I requested the spicy version.

The xlbs were good, but not as good as Bob's.  They were juicy, and the skin was thin, just not as tasty.

The scallion pancake were a little bready.

I liked my you-tiao and the seaweed salad.  

Lots of Chinese clientele so that's a good sign.

• Like 4