bilrus (Defense)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How do you feel?

I feel good, although the energy spike I felt back in September and October has evened out, which is probably a good thing. I do like the fact that I don't have real the sluggish feeling I used to get from time to time. I guess I am feeling normal.

I feel good, although the energy spike I felt back in September and October has evened out, which is probably a good thing. I do like the fact that I don't have real the sluggish feeling I used to get from time to time. I guess I am feeling normal.

I don't know how long you plan to keep this up, but once you begin exercising (are you going for walks?), you might find those energy spikes coming back. Next year, when you begin going for bike rides and easy jogs :blink:, you'll reach new levels of both energy and fatigue.

Congratulations, Bill. I'm proud of you and I know everyone else is too.

Wow. This is amazing progress, Bill. Are you willing to post "before" and "during" photos at some point?

Two "Before" pictures - the first is last New Year's Eve and about 15 pounds below my heaviest but it is a good comparison to the more recent picture. The second is from the week before I started the diet in June (that's me in the middle :( ).

The "During" picture is from a month or so ago. I've lost about 10 or 15 since then.

"After" pictures are a long way off

post-33-1197512613_thumb.jpg

post-33-1197512981_thumb.jpg

post-33-1197513183_thumb.jpg

You even got yourself a new suit! (Either that, or it was R-E-A-L-L-Y tight before).

Damn, man - you look GOOD.

Either those guys are about 5'4" or you're one tall dude. And I've seen you, so I know they're not 5'4". What are you, 6'5"?

I am 6'5 - and most of my friends from back home are a little short - 5'7 - 5'10 range.

That suit was actually in storage in the basement, along with dozens of shirts and pants from six years ago. It is actually back in storage now, as the pants are falling off of me. I've gone through almost everything I had in storage from the past. Another 25 pounds and I'll need to buy all new stuff in sizes I haven't been in since college.

I am 6'5 - and most of my friends from back home are a little short - 5'7 - 5'10 range.

That suit was actually in storage in the basement, along with dozens of shirts and pants from six years ago. It is actually back in storage now, as the pants are falling off of me. I've gone through almost everything I had in storage from the past. Another 25 pounds and I'll need to buy all new stuff in sizes I haven't been in since college.

Tis almost the season for after-Christmas sales & new suits! Congrats on your progress to date...you're inspiring!

I guess it has been a while since my last confession / update. December was slow with the Holidays and stress and routine change due to a job change, but January has picked up where I left off in November. I'm now down 153 and am at the lowest point I've been since my junior year in college twenty years ago.

at the lowest point I've been since my junior year in college twenty years ago.

Amazing! Junior year would have been about 20 years ago for me too. I was a skinny f*cker back then, not the case today. I'd probably have to drop 50 to get back to that-- about 1/4 of my weight.

Congratulations Bill!

Amazing! Junior year would have been about 20 years ago for me too. I was a skinny f*cker back then, not the case today. I'd probably have to drop 50 to get back to that-- about 1/4 of my weight.

Congratulations Bill!

Well... This has been 28% of my weight so far.

Not that I'll ever be a skinny f'er or even as skinny as you are now, Al. I was still the biggest guy at my college. Hell, at 9 lbs 13 oz and 22 inches I was the biggest baby in the nursery. At least in college I had boundless energy. Basketball 5 days a week. Raquetball 3 nights a week. Chasing girls the rest of the time. Exercise takes more motivation these days. And jenrus frowns on the girl chasing these days.

I'd love to do another 100, but I'm going to ride it as long as it will carry me.

Well... This has been 28% of my weight so far.

Not that I'll ever be a skinny f'er or even as skinny as you are now, Al. I was still the biggest guy at my college. Hell, at 9 lbs 13 oz and 22 inches I was the biggest baby in the nursery. At least in college I had boundless energy. Basketball 5 days a week. Raquetball 3 nights a week. Chasing girls the rest of the time. Exercise takes more motivation these days. And jenrus frowns on the girl chasing these days.

I'd love to do another 100, but I'm going to ride it as long as it will carry me.

Keep up the good work, Bill. You're doing an amazing job! Wow.

Well, I had been kicking around the same fifteen pounds since Thanksgiving despite still losing inches. But my last weigh may have been a bit of a breakthrough with a loss of 6.5. Given my previous ups and (mostly) downs over the last three months I am at 158 now.

I had been on a plateau for a while, so I decided I needed a kick start and started from scratch (although without reverting to the nasty protein drinks they had me using early on) - journaling, just grilled meat and vegetables, more exercise, more water, healthy snacks between meals. It turns out that all the things they tell you to do on every diet plan ever written still work.

I'm finally at the point where I see an end to the process coming. And it might actually be one of my choosing instead of where nature decides to stop me. I'd really like to lose another 65 pounds and see how I feel and try to maintain it for a while. I'll still be the biggest guy in most rooms I step into (which I have to admit I actually kinda like).

I'd really like to lose another 65 pounds and see how I feel and try to maintain it for a while. I'll still be the biggest guy in most rooms I step into (which I have to admit I actually kinda like).

Good! I was worried you had fallen off the wagon. You're inching ever-closer to a very, very big milestone...

Does anyone know how bilrus is doing?

I do.

Doing well, although over the last year I have put back on about 40 of the 160 I lost. This has coincided with a huge jump in workload and commute time and the accompanying levels of stress. Less time to cook and less energy has made it a struggle.

My impending 40th birthday (this Thursday) combined with the two year anniversary of the beginning of my big diet has given me some renewed enthusiasm. I actually just hung up the phone with my doctor's office setting up an appointment for next week.

I do.

Doing well, although over the last year I have put back on about 40 of the 160 I lost. This has coincided with a huge jump in workload and commute time and the accompanying levels of stress. Less time to cook and less energy has made it a struggle.

My impending 40th birthday (this Thursday) combined with the two year anniversary of the beginning of my big diet has given me some renewed enthusiasm. I actually just hung up the phone with my doctor's office setting up an appointment for next week.

And? And??

It's like I'm on the DR.com reunion tour.  I posted a comment about Zora a month or two back.  I finally made the Green Apple salad with grilled beef that bilrus posted, oh, 9 years ago (yes, it's been lurking in my to-be-cooked file that long).  Wow, I really liked it (and so don't the +1 and the big little one (not the little little one).  Thanks, bilrus!