181 replies to this topic

#151 DonRocks

DonRocks

leviathan

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,105 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:29 AM

So you crossed a big barrier in the past month - your second!

This is amazing. How do you feel?

dcdining.com - Restaurant Reviews - Facebook <--- LIKE Meeeeeeee! Twitter <--- FOLLOW Meeeeeeee!

If you're a member here, please Friend me personally on Facebook (send me a message with your screen name, please, so I know which member you are!)

#152 Walrus

Walrus

hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 11:02 AM

Bill, you are incredible!!!

#153 lackadaisi

lackadaisi

hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 11:07 AM

Congratulations! You are doing an amazing job.

"Well, it's business drunk. It's like rich drunk, either way it's legal to drive."-Jack Donaghy

#154 bilrus

bilrus

leviathan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 11:21 AM

How do you feel?

I feel good, although the energy spike I felt back in September and October has evened out, which is probably a good thing. I do like the fact that I don't have real the sluggish feeling I used to get from time to time. I guess I am feeling normal.
Bill Russell

#155 Anna Blume

Anna Blume

fruit bat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,894 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 11:32 AM

It's wonderful to see month after month of good news, Bill!

Any changes in food preferences come out of this new program you're following?

#156 DonRocks

DonRocks

leviathan

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,105 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 11:36 AM

I feel good, although the energy spike I felt back in September and October has evened out, which is probably a good thing. I do like the fact that I don't have real the sluggish feeling I used to get from time to time. I guess I am feeling normal.

I don't know how long you plan to keep this up, but once you begin exercising (are you going for walks?), you might find those energy spikes coming back. Next year, when you begin going for bike rides and easy jogs :blink:, you'll reach new levels of both energy and fatigue.

Congratulations, Bill. I'm proud of you and I know everyone else is too.

dcdining.com - Restaurant Reviews - Facebook <--- LIKE Meeeeeeee! Twitter <--- FOLLOW Meeeeeeee!

If you're a member here, please Friend me personally on Facebook (send me a message with your screen name, please, so I know which member you are!)

#157 JLK

JLK

leviathan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:42 PM

Wow. This is amazing progress, Bill. Are you willing to post "before" and "during" photos at some point?

Jennifer

#158 squidsdc

squidsdc

ika

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:42 PM

Congratulations Bill--your progress continues to be inspiring!

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain"--The Great Oz

#159 bilrus

bilrus

leviathan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 09:29 PM

Wow. This is amazing progress, Bill. Are you willing to post "before" and "during" photos at some point?

Two "Before" pictures - the first is last New Year's Eve and about 15 pounds below my heaviest but it is a good comparison to the more recent picture. The second is from the week before I started the diet in June (that's me in the middle :( ).

The "During" picture is from a month or so ago. I've lost about 10 or 15 since then.

"After" pictures are a long way off

Attached Thumbnails

• Copy__1__of_IMG_2418.JPG
  • IMG_2541.JPG
  • drweightpic2jr5.jpg

Bill Russell

#160 DonRocks

DonRocks

leviathan

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,105 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 09:36 PM

You even got yourself a new suit! (Either that, or it was R-E-A-L-L-Y tight before).

Damn, man - you look GOOD.

Either those guys are about 5'4" or you're one tall dude. And I've seen you, so I know they're not 5'4". What are you, 6'5"?

#161 TinDC

TinDC

ventworm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:07 PM

You look GREAT, Bill!

Keep up the good work!

#162 JLK

JLK

leviathan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:28 PM

Really cool, Bill. Keep up the good work! Just think how much more you'll enjoy golf as a lighter fellow.

Jennifer

#163 bilrus

bilrus

leviathan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 09:32 AM

You even got yourself a new suit! (Either that, or it was R-E-A-L-L-Y tight before).

Damn, man - you look GOOD.

Either those guys are about 5'4" or you're one tall dude. And I've seen you, so I know they're not 5'4". What are you, 6'5"?

I am 6'5 - and most of my friends from back home are a little short - 5'7 - 5'10 range.

That suit was actually in storage in the basement, along with dozens of shirts and pants from six years ago. It is actually back in storage now, as the pants are falling off of me. I've gone through almost everything I had in storage from the past. Another 25 pounds and I'll need to buy all new stuff in sizes I haven't been in since college.
Bill Russell

#164 MelGold

MelGold

hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 09:57 AM

I am 6'5 - and most of my friends from back home are a little short - 5'7 - 5'10 range.

That suit was actually in storage in the basement, along with dozens of shirts and pants from six years ago. It is actually back in storage now, as the pants are falling off of me. I've gone through almost everything I had in storage from the past. Another 25 pounds and I'll need to buy all new stuff in sizes I haven't been in since college.

Tis almost the season for after-Christmas sales & new suits! Congrats on your progress to date...you're inspiring!

#165 Scott Johnston

Scott Johnston

Haggis the other pate

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 12:55 PM

Bill, you are no doubt the biggest loser of 2007!
No more wafer thin mints for me!!!!

#166 squidsdc

squidsdc

ika

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 12:59 PM

great work Bill--you're looking good!

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain"--The Great Oz

#167 DonRocks

DonRocks

leviathan

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,105 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 01:07 PM

Well?

#168 bilrus

bilrus

leviathan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 12:04 PM

I guess it has been a while since my last confession / update. December was slow with the Holidays and stress and routine change due to a job change, but January has picked up where I left off in November. I'm now down 153 and am at the lowest point I've been since my junior year in college twenty years ago.
Bill Russell

#169 Al Dente

Al Dente

Prescott Pharmaceuticals Rep

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:50 PM

at the lowest point I've been since my junior year in college twenty years ago.

Amazing! Junior year would have been about 20 years ago for me too. I was a skinny f*cker back then, not the case today. I'd probably have to drop 50 to get back to that-- about 1/4 of my weight.

Congratulations Bill!

Michael Ollinger

Fox News: We read the chain emails your grandma gets in her inbox out loud like they were true.

Seafood! The Mercedes of food!

#170 DonRocks

DonRocks

leviathan

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,105 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:58 PM

Spider Bill
Spider Bill
Does whatever a spider Bill does
Can he swing
from a thread?
Yes he can
Nowthathe'slost153pounds
Look out
Here comes the Spider Bill

#171 bilrus

bilrus

leviathan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 11:56 PM

Amazing! Junior year would have been about 20 years ago for me too. I was a skinny f*cker back then, not the case today. I'd probably have to drop 50 to get back to that-- about 1/4 of my weight.

Congratulations Bill!

Well... This has been 28% of my weight so far.

Not that I'll ever be a skinny f'er or even as skinny as you are now, Al. I was still the biggest guy at my college. Hell, at 9 lbs 13 oz and 22 inches I was the biggest baby in the nursery. At least in college I had boundless energy. Basketball 5 days a week. Raquetball 3 nights a week. Chasing girls the rest of the time. Exercise takes more motivation these days. And jenrus frowns on the girl chasing these days.

I'd love to do another 100, but I'm going to ride it as long as it will carry me.
Bill Russell

#172 Meaghan

Meaghan

Ambivalent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:16 AM

Well... This has been 28% of my weight so far.

Not that I'll ever be a skinny f'er or even as skinny as you are now, Al. I was still the biggest guy at my college. Hell, at 9 lbs 13 oz and 22 inches I was the biggest baby in the nursery. At least in college I had boundless energy. Basketball 5 days a week. Raquetball 3 nights a week. Chasing girls the rest of the time. Exercise takes more motivation these days. And jenrus frowns on the girl chasing these days.

I'd love to do another 100, but I'm going to ride it as long as it will carry me.

Keep up the good work, Bill. You're doing an amazing job! Wow.

#173 lperry

lperry

leviathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,846 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:52 PM

I just read through the thread, and it is truly inspirational. You have lost the equivalent of an entire person! That's amazing! Keep up the good work!

#174 DonRocks

DonRocks

leviathan

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,105 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 05:55 PM

?

#175 bilrus

bilrus

leviathan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:55 PM

Well, I had been kicking around the same fifteen pounds since Thanksgiving despite still losing inches. But my last weigh may have been a bit of a breakthrough with a loss of 6.5. Given my previous ups and (mostly) downs over the last three months I am at 158 now.

I had been on a plateau for a while, so I decided I needed a kick start and started from scratch (although without reverting to the nasty protein drinks they had me using early on) - journaling, just grilled meat and vegetables, more exercise, more water, healthy snacks between meals. It turns out that all the things they tell you to do on every diet plan ever written still work.

I'm finally at the point where I see an end to the process coming. And it might actually be one of my choosing instead of where nature decides to stop me. I'd really like to lose another 65 pounds and see how I feel and try to maintain it for a while. I'll still be the biggest guy in most rooms I step into (which I have to admit I actually kinda like).
Bill Russell

#176 DonRocks

DonRocks

leviathan

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,105 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:02 PM

I'd really like to lose another 65 pounds and see how I feel and try to maintain it for a while. I'll still be the biggest guy in most rooms I step into (which I have to admit I actually kinda like).

Good! I was worried you had fallen off the wagon. You're inching ever-closer to a very, very big milestone...

#177 DonRocks

DonRocks

leviathan

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,105 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:31 PM

Senor Russell, will you be making your debut at the picnic?

What's going on? Shall we skip the food and throw frisbee?

#178 JLK

JLK

leviathan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 06:06 PM

Does anyone know how bilrus is doing?

Jennifer

#179 bilrus

bilrus

leviathan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:51 AM

Does anyone know how bilrus is doing?

I do.

Doing well, although over the last year I have put back on about 40 of the 160 I lost. This has coincided with a huge jump in workload and commute time and the accompanying levels of stress. Less time to cook and less energy has made it a struggle.

My impending 40th birthday (this Thursday) combined with the two year anniversary of the beginning of my big diet has given me some renewed enthusiasm. I actually just hung up the phone with my doctor's office setting up an appointment for next week.
Bill Russell

#180 JLK

JLK

leviathan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:20 PM

Great to hear from you! 120 pounds lost is a terrific accomplishment. Best wishes on your birthday too. :D

Jennifer

#181 laniloa

laniloa

grunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:37 PM

Great to hear from you! 120 pounds lost is a terrific accomplishment. Best wishes on your birthday too. :D

Agreed! Keep us posted -- we're cheering for you!

#182 DonRocks

DonRocks

leviathan

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,105 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:34 AM

I do.

Doing well, although over the last year I have put back on about 40 of the 160 I lost. This has coincided with a huge jump in workload and commute time and the accompanying levels of stress. Less time to cook and less energy has made it a struggle.

My impending 40th birthday (this Thursday) combined with the two year anniversary of the beginning of my big diet has given me some renewed enthusiasm. I actually just hung up the phone with my doctor's office setting up an appointment for next week.

And? And??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users