Katz's Deli Considering Expansion - to Washington, DC, Boston, and Other Areas

Rising Suns

11 hours ago, Pool Boy said:

That would be great if they can keep the same level of quality up here.

Exactly. The first day they're open, someone take a picture of their pastrami and/or corned beef sandwiches. If they're really intending to come here, I don't think Washingtonians want some "partial product" - maybe the days of foot-high sandwiches are gone, but I hope there's no business plan to serve mountainous sandwiches at first, only to make them smaller-and-smaller as the months pass - that's not what Katz's is. It's going to be tricky for them, because they can only guess the DC market for giant sandwiches (although few are as giant as Stachowski's, so that would make a good research trip).

Katzs.jpg

1 hour ago, DonRocks said:

Exactly. The first day they're open, someone take a picture of their pastrami and/or corned beef sandwiches. If they're really intending to come here, I don't think Washingtonians want some "partial product" - maybe the days of foot-high sandwiches are gone, but I hope there's no business plan to serve mountainous sandwiches at first, only to make them smaller-and-smaller as the months pass - that's not what Katz's is. It's going to be tricky for them, because they can only guess the DC market for giant sandwiches (although few are as giant as Stachowski's, so that would make a good research trip).

Katzs.jpg

Although they sell "sandwiches" I think a better description is a mountain of meet with flimsy bread on the top and the bottom.

6 minutes ago, pras said:

Although they sell "sandwiches" I think a better description is a mountain of meet with flimsy bread on the top and the bottom.

Also note: Katz's is considering aggressive expansion; not just in Washington, DC.

"Is Katz's Delicatessen Opening in Boston?" by Kera Baskin on bostonglobe.com

Has anyone been to Attman's in Potomac lately? I went ... once, and have no plans to return.