Pokéology - Poké Purveyor with a Permanent Stand in Doc Holliday's in Rice Village

I can't keep track of all of the new poké joints opening or popping up around Houston, but I can say that I am a fan of Pokeology.  I was a little surprised to see that rather than a standalone restaurant, it's a permanent stand/booth scenario situated in the back of Doc Holliday's bar in Rice Village.  They have a number of "signature" bowls you can choose from, or a Chipotle-like build your own bowl option.  There are 2 sizes, and for most people, I would recommend the larger.  @CeeBee chose the "Applemachi" (hamachi, with green apple) and I went with the "Salmon Thaiviche" (salmon, fish sauce, basil, thai chili). All bowls come with cucumber and seaweed salad.  I added on masago (no charge) for a little extra saltiness and didn't regret it.  The proportions were right, the fish fresh, and not overly marinated.  The rice was nicely seasoned, and stood on its own.  Apparently the head chef behind the operation has several years in the sushi business, and the quality of his rice reflects that.

5913ca62bbbe1_ScreenShot2017-05-10at9_18_16PM.jpg.ef794ed3290e027abf31ec280614568c.jpg

Everything is served in plastic to-go bowls, and there is seating both inside the bar (dark and not terribly inviting, especially when the weather's nice), and on the patio.