First Time Visiting Philly - Staying in Rittenhouse Square

Rieux

Headed there for two nights this weekend.  Staying in Rittenhouse Sq.   Hope to visit some museums, the Chinese Lanterns, maybe see the fireworks over the river on Sunday night.  We have two breakfasts, two lunches, and two dinners to eat.  I am overwhelmed by the choices.  Zahav intrigues me as I love Middle Eastern Food, but we would have to walk-in.  I am open to most any other must-eats...  

I haven't been to Philly in a while, but I would at least recommend High St on Market for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It is the sister restaurant of Fork which I would also recommend if you are looking for a nice dinner option.

I can get a reservation at Tinto or Aldine on Saturday.  Have a call into Vernick, but not optimistic.

Thoughts?? Was hoping for Italian, but can't seem to find the right place - Vetri is too expensive for the group I will be with

1 hour ago, Rieux said:

I can get a reservation at Tinto or Aldine on Saturday.  Have a call into Vernick, but not optimistic.

Thoughts?? Was hoping for Italian, but can't seem to find the right place - Vetri is too expensive for the group I will be with

I had a really good dinner at Tinto, but that was like 10 years ago.  I would've suggested Osteria before Vetri sold most of his empire to Urban Outfitters.  There are also many great places in Fishtown if you're willing to venture that far out.  We really enjoyed our lunch at Stock earlier this year.  Pizzeria Beddia is supposed to be a must-visit but they don't take reservations and have super-long lines.

You can eat at the bar at Vernick, which opens for drinks at 4:30 and starts serving food at 5:00.  The bar seats do tend to go quickly on the weekends, but it's worth trying: I've had my favorite meals in Philly there.  

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

Pizzeria Beddia is supposed to be a must-visit but they don't take reservations and have super-long lines.

Before my 8:45pm reservation at Zahav on June 3 I'm planning to hit up Pizzeria Beddia (if they don't randomly close that day). We're planning to get in line around 4pm for their 5:30pm opening and 40 pizzas for the night. If anyone has been to Beddia and has any advice I'm all ears.

(Just so no one thinks I'm too insane, I'll be with three other people, and we'll probably only sample the pizza and take a bunch home. And, yes, I'm planning to do the tasting menu at Zahav.)

More appropriate to this thread, I enjoyed my one lunch at Amada, but it was many years ago.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2017 at 9:22 AM, Rieux said:

Headed there for two nights this weekend.  Staying in Rittenhouse Sq.   Hope to visit some museums, the Chinese Lanterns, maybe see the fireworks over the river on Sunday night.  We have two breakfasts, two lunches, and two dinners to eat.  I am overwhelmed by the choices.  Zahav intrigues me as I love Middle Eastern Food, but we would have to walk-in.  I am open to most any other must-eats...  

And? And??