Tortas y Tacos La Chiquita - Former Food Truck Moving into the Former Arlington Grill Space in South Arlington - Opening June, 2017

21 hours ago, DonRocks said:

Old Arlington Grill - which is on the opposite side of the entrance to Arlington Cinema 'N' Drafthouse as the underrated Mazagan, is closed, and there's a banner up for a new restaurant which is coming. 

For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the restaurant (it caught me off-guard), but it's something ethnic - maybe Thai. If anyone is driving by on Columbia Pike, take a peak at the sign and let us know?

1 hour ago, dcs said:

Tortas Y Tacos La Chiquita.

Former Mexican Food Truck Moving to Arlington Drafthouse’s Green Room, by Chris Teale — May 23, 2017 at 11:00 am on ARLnow.com.

Ah, yes, I've been to their food truck - they had a tasty Chicken Milanese.

I even found a couple of pictures - I'm not 100% sure this is them, but I'm 90% sure (there were two food trucks that parked in that shopping center, but I'm pretty sure La Chiquita furnished these, or at least one of them).

IMG_1661.jpg.jpgIMG_1660.jpg

Went here for dinner the other night. We only tried three of the tacos but they were very good (asada, al pastor, and carnitas). It's counter service, very casual, with very friendly staff. The tacos were full of flavor and the meats were perfectly cooked. Both green and red salsas served with everything were delicious, spicy in the best of ways. 

They've also got huaraches, tortas, and quesadillas, as well as several other meat fillings. We'll definitely be back to try out some more of the menu. 

• Like 2