Nua Haus Thai Sushi & Drafthouse

I had lunch here today with my daughter.  We ordered too much food, because we wanted to try all our favorites-chicken ka prow, chicken pad see ew, chicken larb (yes, we overdid it on the chicken) & a spicy salmon roll.  We were the only customers at around noon, service was great, & the food was very good.  I prefer the larb from Thai Nakorn because it's spicier (& Le Thai, which replaced ThaiBox near Ft. Belvoir, has a great crispy tilapia larb w/ cubes of fried fish), but this was good, tart w/ lime, & they brought out the condiment tray so I could spice it up.

i should have tried the papaya salad, because they have some interesting variations, but we went w/ our benchmarks (& my dining companion isn't fond of papaya salad).  We now have tons of leftovers to get us through the weekend.

Our other food related event was my son's graduation from GMU this weekend-I had incoming family from across the country, smoked 30+ lbs of pork, had various salads, veg, fruit, & poundcake & ordered street tacos from El Paso (a huge hit w/ the fam). I am recovering & get to do it again in 2.5 weeks for Lizzy's HS graduation.   & now I realize I should edit, because the giant picture is El Paso's street tacos, I didn't take pics at Nua Haus-maybe later

IMG_3899.JPG

• Like 2

Funny/ not funny addendum to the street tacos-my husband ate one of the large peppers, because he thought they must be poblanos instead of jalapeños (wrong) & was suffering.  I thought he was being a wuss until the day after, I tried to make a chicken soup w/ various leftover items & put in 1.5 peppers.  My niece tasted & turned red, I tasted & started swearing (even though I have a high tolerance for heat). I kept dumping out broth, diluting w/ more chicken broth & water, & finally conceded-it was unsalvageable.  I have never made inedible chicken soup before.