Flying Dog New England by way of Maryland IPA

pras

About a month ago, I had an opportunity that not many people have.  A beer that me and my team pitched to the brewery was created, and I was invited to help brew it on Flying Dog's 15 barrel system.  It was a long day, a bit more than 8 hours, which started with feeding the grain into the mill, and capped off with pitching the yeast into the fermentation vessel.  During down time we were given a behind the scenes tour, got to watch the bottling and kegging line, tour the hop fridge, etc.  Yesterday the fruits of my labor were unveiled at the brewery at their pre Savor BBQ.  The beer is amazing.  The style is the current go to rage style.  Hazy New England IPA.  Best ultra fresh, which it was.  The grain bill was mostly 2-row malt, with some white wheat, flaked oats, acidulated wheat, and honey malt.  This beer is intensely dry hopped with the "holy trinity" for the style of galaxy, citra, and mosaic.  The result was juicy and fruity, hazy and lazy.  If you want to try it, you will have to head to the brew house, but go fast, do not stop at go, and make sure you get there while it's fresh.

• Like 3